Isuzu SUV Forum banner

N. GA MTN Overland /trail ride July 1st!!

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  egagnon086 
#1 ·
Hey everybody,

I'd like see if anyone is up for a small off-road expedition, details below. We did a similar trip earlier this year and had a blast. There are pics/vids here: spring run

I would imagine we want to make the most of the day, so meeting in Dahlonega/Suches @ 9am or so. I'm in Athens and can meet in Pendergrass if anyone wants to ride along.

If you can't take your vehicle, but still want to go and just say so, one of us will likely have extra room. If you know anyone else that may want to go, they are more than welcome.

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you want to recommend a trail you know that's nearby to the Blairsville area.

There are several decent videos on youtube of Flatlands rd (GA FS-637), its pretty technical/ off camber sections and has water crossings, in all these trails there is a possibly of trail damage if you goof up. But with enough people it should be a fun outing with decent spotters around.

Run down:
1. Meet near or Suches/Dahlonega (129 hwy) to Suches via Nimblewell and Canada creek.
2. Canada creek may need some trail repair so bring shovel/pick/chainsaw. Then to flatlands (FS-637) we can decide whether we go up or down, either way its a challenge.
3. Flatlands leads to Cooper creek WMA so there are a lot of roads there or we can loop around.

I'd like to plan ahead and maybe we can bring lunch and a camp stove like last time and eat on route instead of having to grab lunch somewhere. It definitely added to the trip last time.

I'm thinking the first or 2nd weekend in June. Let me know what your schedule is.

See less See more
#2 ·
So the 2nd weekend of June is good. So June 10th it is.

Let me know who can make it.

#3 ·
Postponed due to mechanical work to be done first. Going to try to reschedule for the 24th. Let me know if you can make it.

#6 ·
That would be super fun Van, It would give us a good place for lunch possibly also.

#7 ·
I'm still planning this for the 24th, Pending I get my transmission back in the truck by then. Maybe I can bring the trooper if not.

#8 ·
I won't be able to do any gnarly trails, front locker broke / rear iffy unless I can winch off of you or maybe a strap pull... hmmm, sounds like fun. :D Someone or two other anonymous trucks might show up and if they do, anything could happen. :lol: :shock:

Depending on when we get started, I'm thinking maybe dinner back at the camp to finish things up.

#9 ·
Depending on how/if I get my truck back together we might have to postpone to sunday. Weather will be against us, I know Beasley will likely be closed, but I bet charlies creek and tray mtn would be a challenge.

#10 ·
Hey guys,

We will be postponing this to July 1st due to several work schedule issues and mechanical ones. So, I wasn't able to meet up with you Van. Have fun with Jerry up there. Hope its not too soggy.

Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.