Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Boldly going where no Acura has gone before... (Liberty, WA)

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Oro 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This weekend the step-kids and I went out to Liberty, WA, Then up above it to the "Hole-in-the-Rock." We just ran out of road. ;)

2020 June Hole in the Rock.jpeg

We poked around and found great hidden spot to camp with 300 degree all-around views, only a few minutes from the rock feature. if anyone plans to head here, pm me and I'll explain how to find the campsite. Also, there was a hill-climb feature nearby for those with more experience/stouter vehicles than mine. (Click on this pic and it will orient correctly if it appears sideways)

IMG-1850.JPG

While I've had this SLX almost 10 years, this was the first time I ever tried to really navigate trails and really climb/descend stuff, truly exercise low gear and need to deflate my tires. Very interesting and I developed more confidence in the truck this weekend than in the last 10 years combined. (If you look carefully, you can see my navigator in the window expressing her displeasure at staying in the vehicle). We were going to go on Sunday to Red Top lookout/fire tower nearby for the views, but the route was closed because of a manhunt. (!) So we went to Roslyn and ate and drank at The Brick instead.

IMG-1846.JPG

IMG-1880.JPG

Also, on the way back we ran into the owner of this cool 2-door Gen1. We exchanged info and he told me how to contact some local trail groups so I can learn some better skills and pointers/trails.

image0.jpeg

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
SRN said:
Looks like a great trip!
It was. It was also possibly the most fun I've had in a 24-hour period, outside of Las Vegas or Bangkok. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.