Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Anyone in Upstate South Carolina? Greenville/ Spartanburg

20K views 42 replies 19 participants last post by  superswire 
#1 ·
Just wondering if any of you guys are near me. Would love to get together and talk troopers over a few cold ones or coffee. My trooper should be back on the road next Wednesday. Anyone who wants to get together post here and we will figure out a location and set a date.

SR

#27 ·
Congrats! How much of a project is this Trooper?
I've got to get back on my Rodeo project and with the weather hopefully turning cooler (and me not having to keep other vehicles here running) I can make some progress.

-=Doug

#28 ·
Body wise its in descent shape the thrust bearing is shot but I was planning on using a 2.6l block the clutch is brand new installed by the mechanic I bought it from.

Attachments

#29 ·
Definitely some elbow grease required, but the Gen 1 Troop is my favorite style.
Made me pick through my Rodeo project and try to remember where I left off.
I was working through the battery tray and power harness mess.
The Rodeo has a Trooper V6 and so the guys that swapped the engine took some liberty with authenticity.
A new positive cable assembly is around $150 (OEM) and the new neg harness took months to deliver.
My plan is to add an auxiliary pos block for accessories (if the need arises).

I *really* need to clear out my garage and roll the Rodeo in there... yeah right.

-=Doug

#30 ·
Going to try an put together a Rendezvous for troopers of the Upstate sometime in late May/ June . Let me know if you'd be interested. I have a friend who owns a first gen trooper as well and owns a restaurant here in Spartanburg I'm going to try to collaborate with. Cold beer, great food a a parking lot full of troopers. Other isuzus welcome too. Let me know if your interested please. Would love to put some faces with names and talk zoos for night.

#31 ·
I'd be down for that.

#32 ·
Is anyone around six mile, SC? I have a lead on a 1st gen there and would love someone to look at for me if possible. I live about 4 hours away and will buy you a beer or a meal for your help!

#33 ·
Short Round said:
Going to try an put together a Rendezvous for troopers of the Upstate sometime in late May/ June . Let me know if you'd be interested. I have a friend who owns a first gen trooper as well and owns a restaurant here in Spartanburg I'm going to try to collaborate with. Cold beer, great food a a parking lot full of troopers. Other isuzus welcome too. Let me know if your interested please. Would love to put some faces with names and talk zoos for night.
I'm in with about another 2-3 members who would probably show up also.

TrooperChris said:
Is anyone around six mile, SC? I have a lead on a 1st gen there and would love someone to look at for me if possible. I live about 4 hours away and will buy you a beer or a meal for your help!
Hey Chris, I'm about 50 miles away from Six Mile, PM me with some info... thought I saw your old Trooper for sale awhile back in Saluda, NC. :shock:

#35 ·
Hey all, im about to get my trooper project underway and i want to have it driving by next month, is there anyone in the upstate aria who wants to have a get together? Whether my trooper is driving or not i would enjoy meeting some fellow owners in my area,
Garrett

Reactions: MarcusInMD
#36 ·
Dirt-Church-raised said:
Hey all, im about to get my trooper project underway and i want to have it driving by next month, is there anyone in the upstate aria who wants to have a get together? Whether my trooper is driving or not i would enjoy meeting some fellow owners in my area,
Garrett
https://www.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic. ... 8&t=134041

#37 ·
Dirt-Church-raised said:
Hey all, im about to get my trooper project underway and i want to have it driving by next month...
Garrett
How's the progress going?
I'm about done with the electrical work under the hood of my Rodeo.
Next big task is doing something with the ancient sun roof. It is gonna to lose the old mechanisms but, I am inclined to put a slightly bigger pop-up type in.
(I hate sunroofs BTW)

-=Doug

#39 ·
Just bought my second Trooper. Anyone in the area want to get together soon let me know. Was thinking about going up to Horse pasture trail soon.

Short Round

#40 ·
Short Round said:
Just bought my second Trooper. Anyone in the area want to get together soon let me know. Was thinking about going up to Horse pasture trail soon.

Short Round
If y"all can wait until it gets a little cooler in late September, I'd be down for that ride. From the videos that I've seen, might have to bring along some gold panning equipment. 8)

#43 ·
TroopinSC said:
Don't know if any of you all are still around but you've got a new owner Of a '92 gen 2 and a '95 Dakar Limited.
check the uwharrie thread, its a pretty good gathering of people from all over. Also check out isuzutrader(tm) on facebook. ALOT of active people on there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.