Anyone in the southern Nevada area?

Use this forum to discuss Trail Rides, Wrench-A-Thons and other meetings

Moderator: Staff

Anyone in the southern Nevada area?

Postby MyRS » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:08 am

Hey all.

Been outta country a few years. Just moved to Vegas area. I'll be out here for a few years if anyone is interested in meeting up. Just got my on board air set up. I'll post pics of that install when I get my PC set up.
MyRS
Rodeo King

Have thanks: 2 times

Sponsor

Re: Anyone in the southern Nevada area?

Postby MyRS » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:22 pm

Come on ya'll, gotta be some Isuzu in Vegas area?? I can't just hang with the Jeep guys.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MyRS
Rodeo King

Postby hessmess » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:37 pm

Southern Nevada I know of no one, In Ely there is one guy I know of and I am in Elko. I run with the Jeep guys also.
I believe there are a couple in the Reno area but I have no idea who they are either.
86 Trooper (sold to brother) wrecked and recycled
88 Trooper (recycled)
91 Trooper, 3.1, bored .40, Cam, 4.3 TBI, roller rockers, Fiero valve covers, remote oil filter, LSD, 2.25 Cat back exhaust, BJ flip, 5 speed conversion, Round eye conversion-retired and parts donated to the new 91
91 LS Trooper, 5 speed, 3.4, bored intake, LSD, rebuilt using parts donated from the first 91
https://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopi ... 15&t=81567
89 Pup LS Space Cab, 4X4, 2.25 cat back exhaust system, LSD, Jerry Cam, otherwise stock, painted Oct 2018.
https://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=55081
hessmess
Donor
Donor

Have thanks: 166 times

Postby MyRS » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:37 pm

Thanks for the reply hessmess,
I'll find some Isuzu eventually in Vegas. Ely and Elko are a ways away just for a day ride. If y'all ever do a couple day ride/camping thing, or something like Moab hit me up. It'd be worth the days drive.
MyRS
Rodeo King

Postby hessmess » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:26 pm

There is usually an Isuzu meet
In Moab in May, but was cancelled this year. It or Vegas is 8 hours for me.
But I was going until it was cancelled.
86 Trooper (sold to brother) wrecked and recycled
88 Trooper (recycled)
91 Trooper, 3.1, bored .40, Cam, 4.3 TBI, roller rockers, Fiero valve covers, remote oil filter, LSD, 2.25 Cat back exhaust, BJ flip, 5 speed conversion, Round eye conversion-retired and parts donated to the new 91
91 LS Trooper, 5 speed, 3.4, bored intake, LSD, rebuilt using parts donated from the first 91
https://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopi ... 15&t=81567
89 Pup LS Space Cab, 4X4, 2.25 cat back exhaust system, LSD, Jerry Cam, otherwise stock, painted Oct 2018.
https://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=55081
hessmess
Donor
Donor

Have thanks: 166 times

Postby SRN » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:13 am

There are a handful in Salt Lake, and I make it down to St. George pretty often. But that's the best I've got for you!
SRN
Trail Master

Have thanks: 38 times

Postby MyRS » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:47 pm

hessmess wrote:There is usually an Isuzu meet
In Moab in May, but was cancelled this year. It or Vegas is 8 hours for me.
But I was going until it was cancelled.

Well that's a shame but with current events I get it. Well I'm down for next year. Gives me an extra year to get everything done.
MyRS
Rodeo King

Postby MyRS » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:53 pm

SRN wrote:There are a handful in Salt Lake, and I make it down to St. George pretty often. But that's the best I've got for you!
St. George looks like a 2hr drive straight up i15 for me. That wouldn't be to bad to do. The trails up there easy/mild/hard? I'm ok with any as long as there's a way around stuff.
MyRS
Rodeo King

Postby SRN » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:14 pm

MyRS wrote:St. George looks like a 2hr drive straight up i15 for me. That wouldn't be to bad to do. The trails up there easy/mild/hard? I'm ok with any as long as there's a way around stuff.

There are a variety of trail in the area, mild to wild. The most popular area is the Sand Hollow OHV area. I'd get on RME and ask there. Lots of active members in the southwestern part of the state.
I'm not much for rock crawling these days, more backcountry travel. But I've driven a number of the trails in Sand Hollow in my Samurai years ago, and they were fun.
SRN
Trail Master

Have thanks: 38 times

Postby troy » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:25 pm

I’m in St. George. My rigs been down for years now, but I’m finally getting it running again. If you’re up this way, hit me up.
435-650-8068
troy
Drives in Mud

Postby Desertrodeo » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:04 am

Definitely can’t hang with Jeep guys, your isuzu will get jeepaids. It’s bad, it’ll break down consistently, tired won’t ever stay hard and inflated. Haha. I’m over in ridgecrest, ca, about 3 1/2 hours from you. Not too far. We usually head up north to bishop area, mono, bodie, keough hot springs. That place is rad. Huge hot spring pool, if you don’t have an rv or tent, you can one of the single wide trailers, they aren’t new, but very well kept, heat, ac, fridge, fire pit, two bedroom. It’s like living in a trailer park. Lol
Desertrodeo
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby grumpygirl » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:44 am

im in vegas. Havent been on here in a bit. been hanging out in the dodge forums. slowly getting into trail riding.
grumpygirl
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby Desertrodeo » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:04 am

Vegas is about 3.5-4 hours. Not bad either. I actually have a race that I’m supposed to be codriving for on the 11th, so packed busy that weekend, this last weekend I was supposed to be off, but had a coworker call in saying his wife had the rona, so he’s off for another week while I cover all the graveyard shifts he missed.
Desertrodeo
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby MyRS » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:47 pm

Went out late last night and just took an easy ride through Lovell Canyon Rd over to Pahrump. Pretty cool trail, I'm definitely gonna wanna do that one during the day though, kinda missed all the scenery. But it was really chilly up in the hills so that was a change.
MyRS
Rodeo King

Return to General Events & Gatherings