98 trooper CD player wiring harness

Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Isuzu

Moderator: Staff

98 trooper CD player wiring harness

Postby ThomasBahama » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:10 pm

I have this idea to wire up a blutooth reciever directly to the radio head unit through the wiring harness that connected it to the CD player. Heres a pic of the connector that plugs into the head unit side https://imgur.com/a/4O1ItZw. How would I go about figuring out which of these color wires does what?
ThomasBahama
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Re: 98 trooper CD player wiring harness

Postby Benton » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:32 pm

1995 Isuzu Trooper LS
Benton
Loyal P'up

Have thanks: 9 times

Postby ThomasBahama » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:05 pm

Benton wrote:<a class="vglnk" href="https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/stereodetail/1182.html" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>the12volt</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>installbay</span><span>/</span><span>stereodetail</span><span>/</span><span>1182</span><span>.</span><span>html</span></a>

Hey Benton thanks for the reply. I have seen this wiring diagram and I believe it to be referring to the wiring harness that comes out of the stereo and sends signal to the all of the speakers. I believe this because the colors on that diagram match up with that wiring harness and not the one I have pictured. I am looking for information on the one that connects the CD player to the stereo unit.
ThomasBahama
Drives on Pavement

Postby Shawn Anthony » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:03 am

this is easy.....

First you will need to identify the power connections by doing the fallowing.
Step 1;
use a test light to identify the B+, ignition + and the GND wires.
Step 2;
connect the new harness to these wires.
step 3

Next identify what speaker pair of wires go to which speaker
step 1;
isolate one pair of wires by color code. black & black w/ white stripe is one pair. etc
step 2
use a AA battery to very quickly tap these pairs of wires to & listen to what speaker makes noise.
step 3
connect the speaker wires of the speaker that made noise to the corresponding wires on the new stereo harness.
step 4 repeat step 3 until all speaker wires are identified & connections are made.

this entire process takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
Shawn Anthony
Trail Scout

Have thanks: 33 times

Postby SClimenhaga » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:52 pm

I have plans to do the exact same thing on my '98 Trooper. I had an '06 Mazda 3 that had an extra input to the factory stereo for a CD Player and found a kit to install an Aux input instead. I was hoping that the same thing would be possible with the Trooper, but I haven't found a wiring diagram anywhere for this connector. It seems like the stereo is always treated as a single unit with or without the CD player attached, and only the connection from the head unit to the rest of the car is described.

I would kind of assume/hope that one of these would be a line-level output from the CD player, but maybe that would be too easy.
SClimenhaga
Drives on Pavement

Postby Tentin » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:53 pm

If you want to take the easy route, these modern bluetooth FM transmitters are surprisingly good and cost next to nothing. You could probably get a small one and just give it some switched 12v and hide it under the dash somewhere if you want a more stealth approach.
1995 Isuzu Pickup 4WD aka Suzie Q. 3" lift, 32" A/T's
1998 Isuzu Amigo 4WD aka Smeagol The Amigo. 2" Lift, 31" A/T's
Tentin
Super Trooper

Have thanks: 27 times