Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Wiring Fault - Central Locking Circuit - Isuzu Rodeo

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Father Ted 
#1 ·
Hi,

I've got an issue with the wiring in a Isuzu Rodeo Denver (2015) which I believe might be due to a short to earth somewhere on the central locking circuit.
At times the reading lamps illuminate when there is no reason - I believe this is not due to the door switches as the roof light does not illuminate when the reading lights are on - to me this is another indication that it is a fault on the central locking circuit as when you unlock or take keys out of ignition then these reading lights illuminate and when you do the opposite these dim out.

There is also a problem with the central locking when I go to lock the vehicle the alarm chirps about 25 times and then the alarm sounds at full level.

I'm guessing that somewhere there is a bad earth which is causing the lights to illuminate, but I'm unsure how to go about locating the actual problem. Before I take it to an auto electrican what can I do to see if I can narrow down the fault?

Any suggestions as what I need to look at or how to progress the fault finding?

Thanks,

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.