Master power window switch only controls drivers door window

Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Isuzu

Moderator: Staff

Master power window switch only controls drivers door window

Postby valkyn » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:13 pm

On my 2000 rodeo the power windows all work; but only if you use the switch on each individual door. However the lock/unlock button on the drivers switch panel works for all doors.

Going off a wiring diagram I found online (below), each switch panel is connected via a multiplexing wire. But if the locks work on all doors, it would seem that this wire must be good and all are communicating?

I tried replacing the master switch panel in the drivers door but still have the same issue.

Would appreciate any input.

For this post the author valkyn was thanked by:
andy_sykes
valkyn
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 2 times

Sponsor

Re: Master power window switch only controls drivers door wi

Postby valkyn » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:40 pm

In case anyone else has the same issue.

Multiplexing wire was broken inside the drivers door near where it goes through the rubber boot to the body.

The door lock circuits run through different wires than the power windows. The schematic I had was correct.

valkyn
Drives on Pavement

Postby mudoilngears » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:23 am

Great job!
1998 Rodeo LS 4x4 4JB1-TC Diesel Swap, Moog CC247 coils, more mods to come!

SOLD- :( 1990 Isuzu Amigo 4X4 4ZE1 engine. Front Aussie Locker, HD Sway Away T-bars,Smittybilt XRC8 winch.
Build in progress...
mudoilngears
Almost Joe Isuzu

Have thanks: 188 times

Postby Enemigo » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:23 am

Did you find the broken wire just by doing a physical inspection, or did you use a meter?
1999 Amigo - Sold
1999 Trooper. Mods TBD
Enemigo
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 31 times

Postby valkyn » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:15 pm

Enemigo wrote:Did you find the broken wire just by doing a physical inspection, or did you use a meter?

A little of both. I checked continuity from the switch wiring connector to the plug where the door harness meets the chassis. Open circuit.

Then I pulled the door panel off, looked inside and could see a cut wire hanging there.

Actually splicing it wasn't quite as easy but it got done.
valkyn
Drives on Pavement

Postby andy_sykes » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:45 pm

Thanks for posting the schematics!!!

I just bought a 2001 Wizard (JDM Rodeo) in January, and the rear passenger windows stopped working a week or so after I got it. :roll:

I initially suspected a bad switch, because I couldn't work out the continuity through the pins, but then I decided to switch the rear buttons and the switch from the passenger side rolled the driver side up and down.
So I started thinking it was the motor. Although, I'm not even hearing a click when I press either of the buttons for the bad window. I'm wondering if one of the wires broke, and it's thinking that window is locked?

Oh! And I love your color! I got the same!
andy_sykes
Drives on Gravel

Postby valkyn » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:54 pm

andy_sykes wrote:Thanks for posting the schematics!!!

I just bought a 2001 Wizard (JDM Rodeo) in January, and the rear passenger windows stopped working a week or so after I got it. :roll:

I initially suspected a bad switch, because I couldn't work out the continuity through the pins, but then I decided to switch the rear buttons and the switch from the passenger side rolled the driver side up and down.
So I started thinking it was the motor. Although, I'm not even hearing a click when I press either of the buttons for the bad window. I'm wondering if one of the wires broke, and it's thinking that window is locked?

Oh! And I love your color! I got the same!

Hope it helps you out.

I would start by seeing if you have power and ground at the rear passenger switch. If you do, I would compare the resistance through the motor at the switch to the drivers side motor.

It should have a few ohms of resistance. If it is straight continuity or open circuit (assuming the wiring is intact) it’s probably a bad motor.
valkyn
Drives on Pavement

Postby andy_sykes » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:58 pm

I appreciate the recommendations! Hopefully I'll have some time to check it today.
andy_sykes
Drives on Gravel