Isuzu SUV Forum banner

big water leak at left rear corner

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  roxyschram 
#1 ·
Hi Guys, my 95 Trooper Limited is now running a-ok with my new engine. 500 miles with no trouble. However, I do have a water leak at the left rear door. I can't find where the water is coming. I place a 2 gal. bucket at the door corner and it catches almost all the water. Searched along top, etc. and can't find water entrance. Could it be drain from sun roof? I never open or attempt to open. If no ideas.....then I guess I will just have to keep bucket in place. I like my Isuzu. Visibility is great. Still working on other issues. While cleaning windows with a cleaner that had vinegar the rear view mirrors began folding back. I suspect cleaner got into the wiring coupler. Just unhooked the wiring and hand placed the mirrors so I could see. suggestions appreciated.

#2 ·
Hi, I may not be of much help for you but I feel your frustration. Probably the only way to find where the leak is coming from is to remove the weather strip or rubber fittings. Sometimes when you remove those fittings, you will see rust spots where water sneaks in. Just my .02 cents

#3 ·
No need to be taking old plastic parts off which will probably brake in the process and that may not be required to remove in the first place.

The best way to go about is to start by running a garden hose on the door seal for a minute. then, check for leaks.
if no leak is found run the garden hose in the door gutter for a minute or so. then check for leaks
if no leak is found run the garden hose on your sun roof for a minute or so. then check for leaks.
once you pin point the source of the leak, then gain access by removing the least amount of parts possible.

#4 ·
No need to be taking old plastic parts off which will probably brake in the process and that may not be required to remove in the first place.

The best way to go about is to start by running a garden hose on the door seal for a minute. then, check for leaks.
if no leak is found run the garden hose in the door gutter for a minute or so. then check for leaks
if no leak is found run the garden hose on your sun roof for a minute or so. then check for leaks.
once you pin point the source of the leak, then gain access by removing the least amount of parts possible.

#5 ·
Thanks to all who offered suggestions. Finally gave up and sealed the sun roof. Problem solved. Sun roof was not working so I had nothing to lose. I thought it might be drain hoses stopped up. That occurred back in 1970 with my Mark III Lincoln.
Installed a new engine to solve my over heating problems. Have driven 2200 miles and no heating problems. Enjoying the 95 Trooper immensely. Howard Patton

#7 ·
roxyschram said:
Shawn Anthony said:
So I have dyslexia and this post made me laugh... I read your post as "start by running a garden hose on the door SEAT for a minute. then, check for leaks..." It took me a few times before I read it correctly... I was like, of course he'll have water inside, he sprayed his seat!
must have been tired at that time. I just re-read it. its all sorts of F&$%ed up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.