Isuzu SUV Forum banner

1995 Isuzu Trooper Window Regulator

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  itsmehb 
#1 ·
Gents, new to the Isuzu family. Saved a unit from the scrapper, has a few issues but plan to bring her back to life. I'm surprised by the lack of parts though. Working on the Passenger Side rear window regulator which the cables are pretty well toast now. I haven't been able to track down a new regulator for it though, does a Rodeo unit cross or does anything? The curved plastic piece on the track is broken off, I guess if all else fails I could hybrid one together from a Rodeo. They look close but not sure about the length?

Any help would be appreciated.

Brandon

#2 ·
Z28camaro82, I don't know about your 95, I have a 98 Trooper.
The plastic pieces in my driver side rear window regulator fell apart the first time I rolled the window down after I bought it. I could not find a regulator anywhere but used on eBay. I didn't want another 21 year old brittle part. I was able to cobble together something out of aluminum and plastic bits and a zip tie. its been working for about a year now.
I now this probably doesn't help. but if you're handy and willing you should be able to fix it somehow.

#3 ·
Window regulators are totally neglected. After 20 plus years they are bone dry and probably rusty. One of the first things I did after taking delivery of my 89 was to remove both window regulators and wire brush them and lubed them at every pivot point and also the gears. I would recommend you do the remaining windows and start checking our classified section and local junk yards for a replacement regulator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.