Low spark

Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Isuzu

Moderator: Staff

Low spark

Postby Agrojnr » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:08 am

Thought I had a fuel problem as I couldn't hear my pump working but thanks to Tentin it pointed to the diode in the Alternator was no good and not telling the pump to work

So now I've got the pump to work (Alternator not fixed) I seem to have a low spark issue

I have checked spark at the plugs which is there as I got zapped while doing this, re-set gap and cleaned plugs, installed new Ignition module and re-located this to the top of the rocker cover and also checked voltage at the coil which is 0.5v less than at the battery

I checked all fuses with the ignition on which all seem fine except the charge fuse #10 which is dead?

Previous owner installed new pump, coil, leads and dizzy (so he says) so I'm at a loss to what else it could be maybe the alternator is still affecting the starting of the car in some electrical way perhaps

I don't have any knowledge of these engines/ecm set ups so all help is much appreciated

89 Jackaroo petrol

Adam
89 4ZE1 Jackaroo LWB project
Agrojnr
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Re: Low spark

Postby mudoilngears » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:30 pm

How are you determining that you have weak spark?
1998 Rodeo LS 4x4 4JB1-TC Diesel Swap, Moog CC247 coils, more mods to come!

SOLD- :( 1990 Isuzu Amigo 4X4 4ZE1 engine. Front Aussie Locker, HD Sway Away T-bars,Smittybilt XRC8 winch.
Build in progress...
mudoilngears
Almost Joe Isuzu

Have thanks: 188 times

Re: Low spark

Postby Agrojnr » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:48 pm

Well it was enough to zap me but when spraying starter fluid into the inlet it still won't fire so I'm assuming it's a spark problem

Adam
89 4ZE1 Jackaroo LWB project
Agrojnr
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time