1998 trooper driver's power window panel doesn't work

Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Isuzu

Moderator: Staff

1998 trooper driver's power window panel doesn't work

Postby dsjoyce » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:46 pm

I have a brand new (to me!) 98 trooper and have a few issues to deal with. First one is, the driver's side power windows panel doesn't work any of the windows (locks etc. work from the panel still). Yet, all the other individual window switches work fine at each door. So this is not quite the usual problem that I see reported on these forums. The previous owner bought a replacement panel and swapped it, and the issue seems to be the same. Before I start pulling things apart I was wondering if anyone had come across the issue before, or knows what the culprit is likely to be. I have read that power for all the windows runs through this panel initially, because the other window switches work I guess this is not the problem...
dsjoyce
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Re: 1998 trooper driver's power window panel doesn't work

Postby dsjoyce » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:35 pm

After pulling off the door skin I found an unplugged connector, that allowed the driver's window to move up and down (disabled on purpose it seems as the plastic clips holding the glass to the regulator are toast, another thing to fix but at least I'll be able to use the drive through!). So from my reading the red/yellow wire should be outputting the control signal to the other windows. I don't have a wiring diagram, does anyone know where it's routed...under the dash or perhaps under the carpet across the trans tunnel? I want to check continuity on it. Thanks!
dsjoyce
Drives on Pavement

Re: 1998 trooper driver's power window panel doesn't work

Postby dsjoyce » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:43 pm

dsjoyce wrote:I don't have a wiring diagram, does anyone know where it's routed...under the dash or perhaps under the carpet across the trans tunnel? I want to check continuity on it. Thanks!

Any thoughts on this before I start pulling eveything apart on a wild goose chase? :shock:
dsjoyce
Drives on Pavement