2003 Isuzu Rodeo v6

Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Isuzu

Moderator: Staff

2003 Isuzu Rodeo v6

Postby Eli » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:14 pm

I own 03 Isuzu Rodeo computer went bad and was told to change engine harness wires. Since then the rodeo has no crank at all. All lights turn on but no crank.

Any suggestions I am in Tampa FL. Taken vehicle to three different mechanic no luck. Help
Eli
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Re: 2003 Isuzu Rodeo v6

Postby bsarles » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:09 pm

Hey there, I have an 03 v6 rodeo myself out here in Orlando. I know this may sound a bit redundant but I have similar issues due to a few things. Check all fuses, ground points of the harness must all be connected tightly, double check that your battery terminal connects are really good <—- this one caused me a whole bunch of problems, use a code reader and see if the computer is reporting anything and make sure all the ignition points on the harness are tight and clipped in. I know of a guy that did the exact same thing you did and found out his ignition control module got toasted
bsarles
Drives on Gravel

Postby Eli » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:28 pm

Thanks I will check each of your post
Eli
Drives on Pavement

Postby Buster28 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:53 am

Eli wrote:I own 03 Isuzu Rodeo computer went bad and was told to change engine harness wires. Since then the rodeo has no crank at all. All lights turn on but no crank.

Any suggestions I am in Tampa FL. Taken vehicle to three different mechanic no luck. Help

If the "computer went bad" why did they tell you to change the engine harness wires?
Didi you change the engine harness wires?
Did you change the engine "computer" ?

Are you aware that the 03 Rodeo has a built in engine Immobilizer that communicates with the Engine Control Module (ECM) ("computer"). Replacing the ECM without reprogramming the Immobilizer maybe causing the no crank problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Rodeo Sport 4X4 3.2L V6
2020 Jeep Wrangler 2dr 4x4 3.6L V6
Buster28
4L30E Guru

Have thanks: 1308 times