92 trooper led headlights only on bright

Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Isuzu

Moderator: Staff

92 trooper led headlights only on bright

Postby MrDaDDyMcC » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:36 pm

I switched to led headlights in my 92 and now the bright light indicator stays on on the dash and when you pull the lever to brighten the headlights the bright light indicator only gets brighter and the headlights stay on bright all the time. how do I fix this? Please help my eyes cant take being high beamed much more!!!!!!!!
MrDaDDyMcC
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Re: 92 trooper led headlights only on bright

Postby catbrown357 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:16 pm

Neither can the other drivers on the road. Unless you replaced the entire housing, the 1992 reflectors aren't designed to operate with LED's. What you end up with is a non-focused beam, spraying obnoxious light everywhere and pissing off other drivers. Back to the problem at hand; there are several things that could be causing this. You could have a power conversion problem. I.E. the need for a ballast or retro fitting adaptor. You might also need an anti-flicker adaptor or a combination of all of these. You didn't say how you did the conversion, so it's tough to diagnose. As for the problem with your eyes being blinded, I say do nothing as a reminder of what you're doing to other drivers. If you can't deal with it, a roll of electrical tape ought to cover it up.
2001 Isuzu Trooper LS 4X4, 3" OME lift, Skyjacker shocks, TB crank, 265/75 16 AT tires, Warn manual hubs, Heavy duty tie rods, the list goes on...
2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4X4, mostly stock.
2017 BMW GS Adventure, the best bike ever!
catbrown357
Trail Rider

Have thanks: 20 times

Re: 92 trooper led headlights only on bright

Postby 93trooperpooper » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:29 pm

beg to differ. its not so much the lens, as it is the JAPANESE wiring that will not work properly with the led bulbs. even with the hid bulbs i installed, i had to change the pin-out on the connector for the headlamps. with led bulbs i had to install a relay, to correct the operation of the led ''bulbs''. had too much rf interference with the led ''bulbs'' so i swapped back to hid. NOBODY flashes me on the highway, and the one or two that have, get a blast from the led light bars i have. i only use the light bars when i am driving the gravel road out to my house, which is full of all sorts of critters , deer and moose.

cheap led ''bulbs '' arent the greatest. putco makes the best, and have spent LOTS on r& d.
dont give me any b.s on the ''official'' state or provincial laws- when the local law enforcement get to use led, hid, and numerous light bars, i get to do the same. lead by example. even my local transit has hid in projector lens....
i drove commercial for many years, lighting is life.
will drive these until they quit and move onto something else.
parts from JERRY LEMOND.
93trooperpooper
Trail Master

Have thanks: 14 times

Return to Audio & Electronics