I'm holding back tears!

Discuss anything related to drivetrain problems here (Engine, Transmission, etc)

Moderator: Staff

I'm holding back tears!

Postby Jhunt812 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:45 pm

I took my great running 94 trooper to a shop bc the clutch slave cylinder was leaking. 17 days later and $1900.00 later my car barely runs! It won't go over 25 mph and my windows won't roll up or down and my upshift indicator doesn't work. Who do I call?
Jhunt812
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Re: I'm holding back tears!

Postby RickP » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:50 am

You call the shop that "fixed" it and tell them to make it right.
RickP
Expedition Ready

Have thanks: 101 times

Postby Jhunt812 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:31 pm

I called today and he said that it could just have gone bad. Right! Why would I take a car that barely runs to get a clutch slave cylinder replaced if the engine was bad?! He said I don't know what to tell you...I ended up hanging up on him before I called him some choice words. I made a complaint at bureau of automotive repair and they've got 7-10 days before the investigator contacts me. It's up to them if they want the investigator to go away.
Jhunt812
Drives on Pavement

Postby Enemigo » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:23 am

Can you make a credit card dispute?
1999 Amigo - Sold
1999 Trooper. Mods TBD
Enemigo
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 34 times

Postby Jhunt812 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:31 am

I paid cash
Jhunt812
Drives on Pavement

Postby Jhunt812 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:16 am

I took my trooper back to the shop that got me for $1900... I first took it in because my clutch hydraulic slave cylinder was leaking. Other than that my car ran perfect. Nothing wrong with shifting at all as long as I kept the master full.just passed smog in Jan no problem as always. Got a call the next day that the mechanic took it for a test drive and the new slave cylinder blew out and I probably have a broken spring in my clutch. My clutch shifted fine for me...as I look at the paperwork it says the slave blew out while the mechanic was bleeding the hydraulic system. He wasn't driving it. They said I need a new clutch and mine is still under warranty. They put a new clutch kit in and called and said my starter was intermittently then totally failed. I never had a problem with the starter before. So new starter. Back to paperwork..starter stuck/failed is why I needed new starter. I guarantee the mechanic put the flywheel in wrong is why the bendix gear got stuck. When I picked it up I immediately turned around and took it back bc my belts were screaming, reverse lights on in 1st and 2nd, wouldn't go over 25 mph,and felt like something was hitting the floorboard under my feet. He said my wiring harness was cut into and the reverse switch was worn and broken that they didn't do, so wires were accidentally crossed so I need a new switch and they have to order it from japan. I went to o'reilly's and got them a brand new one. I go to pick it up, I asked him for the old part, he gives the new one back and said he got one from his buddy because the one I brought him was wrong. The new one I got back has to big gouges on either side of the ball bearing like someone slammed my gears! So I pick up my car again and it runs worse than ever, smells really bad and hot from the exhaust, blinkers, upshift indicator and windows don't roll up or down anymore. Engine misfiring and no power. He said that I must have brought my car in that way because they did the work right. Why in the f√¢k would I have them fix a leaking slave if my car ran as bad as it does now!! Took it back to them today a told them they broke it they better fix it. And for $1900 my car should be able to suck their duck before it leaves this shop, and I walked out... we'll see ...
Jhunt812
Drives on Pavement

Postby Shawn Anthony » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:37 am

Sound like you have found the most incompetent bunch of knuckle heads possible.

You wouldn't happen to be near Reno Nevada, if so, bring it to my shop.
Shawn Anthony
Has a Trail Truck

Have thanks: 33 times

Postby Jhunt812 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:01 pm

Thanks for the offer but I'm in citrus heights/ Roseville CA. Reno isn't far, maybe 2 hour drive before a baboon worked on my car. It barely made it over the freeway overpass. It definitely won't make over the summit to Reno
Jhunt812
Drives on Pavement

Postby Shawn Anthony » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:26 pm

Jhunt812 wrote:Thanks for the offer but I'm in citrus heights/ Roseville CA. Reno isn't far, maybe 2 hour drive before a baboon worked on my car. It barely made it over the freeway overpass. It definitely won't make over the summit to Reno

Uhaul car trailer is $60.00
Shawn Anthony
Has a Trail Truck

Postby Jhunt812 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:47 pm

I gave them a chance to make it right. If they don't then I just might take you up on that offer. Thank you. They didn't call me today so I'm assuming they found the problem with their mechanic because my car ran great before he touched it. I feel nauseated ever time I think about what they've done to my trooper. It's been so reliable and I always kept up the maintenance to keep it a reliable vehicle. It breaks my heart how they've treated her. Aamco really sucks.
Jhunt812
Drives on Pavement

Postby Jhunt812 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:51 pm

Question...does the manual transmission have a tcm in a 94 isuzu trooper? I'm trying to find out how many electrical connectors are actually on my transmission...
Jhunt812
Drives on Pavement

Postby Shawn Anthony » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:43 pm

Jhunt812 wrote:Question...does the manual transmission have a tcm in a 94 isuzu trooper? I'm trying to find out how many electrical connectors are actually on my transmission...

no TCM with a manual transmission. TCM are a automatic transmission thing
Shawn Anthony
Has a Trail Truck

Postby Jhunt812 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:43 am

They obviously messed up the electronics...trying to figure out how they did it. Trying to educate myself so they don't try to burn me again...
Jhunt812
Drives on Pavement

Postby giusedtobe » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:32 pm

Jhunt812 wrote:I took my trooper back to the shop that got me for $1900... I first took it in because my clutch hydraulic slave cylinder was leaking. Other than that my car ran perfect. Nothing wrong with shifting at all as long as I kept the master full.just passed smog in Jan no problem as always. Got a call the next day that the mechanic took it for a test drive and the new slave cylinder blew out and I probably have a broken spring in my clutch. My clutch shifted fine for me...as I look at the paperwork it says the slave blew out while the mechanic was bleeding the hydraulic system. He wasn't driving it. They said I need a new clutch and mine is still under warranty. They put a new clutch kit in and called and said my starter was intermittently then totally failed. I never had a problem with the starter before. So new starter. Back to paperwork..starter stuck/failed is why I needed new starter. I guarantee the mechanic put the flywheel in wrong is why the bendix gear got stuck. When I picked it up I immediately turned around and took it back bc my belts were screaming, reverse lights on in 1st and 2nd, wouldn't go over 25 mph,and felt like something was hitting the floorboard under my feet. He said my wiring harness was cut into and the reverse switch was worn and broken that they didn't do, so wires were accidentally crossed so I need a new switch and they have to order it from japan. I went to o'reilly's and got them a brand new one. I go to pick it up, I asked him for the old part, he gives the new one back and said he got one from his buddy because the one I brought him was wrong. The new one I got back has to big gouges on either side of the ball bearing like someone slammed my gears! So I pick up my car again and it runs worse than ever, smells really bad and hot from the exhaust, blinkers, upshift indicator and windows don't roll up or down anymore. Engine misfiring and no power. He said that I must have brought my car in that way because they did the work right. Why in the f√¢k would I have them fix a leaking slave if my car ran as bad as it does now!! Took it back to them today a told them they broke it they better fix it. And for $1900 my car should be able to suck their duck before it leaves this shop, and I walked out... we'll see ...

Sounds like you might need to find a good lawyer.
giusedtobe
Trail Master

Have thanks: 32 times

Postby Jhunt812 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:27 am

I wish I could afford one... I'm on disability so I don't get much of anything to live on. Them doing this to me really made my life a lot harder. I can't afford to buy a car. I'm skrewed.
Jhunt812
Drives on Pavement