PlanetIsuzoo.com (Isuzu SUV Club)

Welcome to the Planetisuzoo Forums!
It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:26 pm 
Drives on Pavement

Hi guys

First time poster, long time reader. I'm in Aus and have a 1990 trooper 2dr SWB badged as a Holden Jackaroo.

Issue I have is the rear left caliper won't lock when I pull the handbrake. I can see the actuator arm moves and it looks like the cable bottoms out so I assume I have full actuation on the e-brake locking mechanism. I have a new cable that I will try in the off chance it is stretched, and I have made sure that the cable is locked into the little U shaped holding bracket (the little plastic horseshoe had disappeared so on advice from a previous post I have wired it in place so it doesn't move) but short of that I don't know what else could be wrong.
Has anyone encountered this issue? Is it physically possible for the screw mech in the piston to break?

Any feedback would be appreciated
Cheers
Andrez

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:30 pm 
I am the Stig

Could possibly be a frozen cable on the left side. Can you verify that the cable is moving? Dennis

1989 LS Spacecab 2.6 5 speed 4x4 manual hubs, Rodeo torsion bars, extended shackles, 2" lift, K&N air filter (drop in), dump bed conversion, burgundy interior change, warn brush bar. Engine is bored .020 oversize and upgraded to 1994 pistons, head and EFI system.
Previously owned: 1987 Trooper II LS, 1989 Trooper (parts only), 1994 Trooper 3.2 Auto, 1997 Rodeo 2.6 5 speed, 1993 shortbed pickup 2.3 (project - sold) 1992 Rodeo 4x4 LS (parts car, devoured by Spacecab needs) plus some 70 plus other non Isuzu vehicles over the years. 1994 Amigo devoured to provide head and EFI system.
Heavily damaged by engine compartment fire while driving on March 24th 2018, condemned by insurance company and taken on March 30th 2018 :cry:.

https://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=64060
City of St Petersburg (Fl) Fleet Maintenance 8/23/83 - 12/4/2018 (Retired). Started new job 6/4/2019. Was retired, now just tired.

If your wife has 5.00, and you have 20.00, your wife has...25.00

"Water is one of the greatest essentials of life. Without water, you can't make coffee."

Forget the "free education". Why waste time. Just give me the "FREE INCOME".

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:43 pm 
Drives on Pavement

Hi Dennis
Yes, the cable is moving freely, I checked that.
The update overnight is that the caliper is now leaking, so something has gone wrong internally, I Will send it to get inspected, hopefully it can be rebuilt.
Either way I will post up what the outcome is.

Cheers