Isuzu SUV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ANNOUNCEMENT: New Forum Software Coming to the Site

2K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  mudoilngears 
#1 ·
New Forum Software Coming to planetisuzoo.com

Dear Community Members,

Over the past year or two, there have been updates to the environment that have introduced challenges in usability and performance. Efforts to improve the technology, user interface, and site performance have revealed weaknesses in the platform and outdated software this site uses. This has made it increasingly difficult and frustrating to support and upgrade to more modern reliable standards that users deserve. Our advertising experience and certain ad partners have further degraded the functionality of the site. This is not the experience we want for the members of this community.

Members want a fast site that performs well across all devices, to be able to find relevant and interesting content, and easily share through text, images, video, and messaging on a secure platform. Our goal is to provide this ultimate user experience to all members.

We will be implementing a new platform to better meet the needs of this community and allow us to provide support more efficiently. Our focus is to create a sustainable platform that performs well, and loads faster on all devices while offering seamless ways to search and connect. Technology is constantly innovating - by creating an environment that we control we can maintain the site with more frequent improvements and maintenance updates.

Although change can be difficult, we are here to support you through the process. We make every effort to review existing settings and make the changes needed so the migration goes smoothly. If you notice something doesn't seem correct once the site goes live, don't panic! We'll have a dedicated person monitoring as the site goes live to answer any questions and provide support through this change.

What's next?

I bet you're thinking, "What does this mean for me and the community?" It does mean change, but it will help solve a large majority of the issues that this site may have been experiencing. We have reviewed reported issues, site statistics, traffic data, and user feedback to help us prioritize the changes and improvements. Uploading an image or video will be easier and streamlined. Ad formatting will change with a new site layout. The site will be more responsive - there is no need to use a mobile skin or special app! Security and user privacy will continue to be a top priority.

When will this be happening? Soon! We recognize the user experience is slow and there are bugs from the outdated software. The sooner we can change that the better we can make the experience for you. You'll start to see activity related to cleanup in preparation for migration very shortly. We will post an announcement to the community prior to starting the actual data migration. Once the migration begins, the site will go into maintenance mode and will be read-only while data is being migrated.

We appreciate each member's contribution to this community and look forward to an improved experience for you all.

- Community Support

See less See more
#3 ·
AG_Admin said:
New Forum Software Coming to planetisuzoo.com

We'll have a dedicated person monitoring as the site goes live to answer any questions and provide support through this change.
No you won't at least not if we can judge by statements made at the beginning of AG's takeover.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
nextstep.jpg

I want to give you an update on the process I use once the site goes live with the new platform.

The night before the site goes live you will see an announcement from me that the site will be going live soon. Once the actual process starts, the site will be in read-only mode while the team does the migration from the old platform to the new one.

Once it goes live you will see an announcement thread created here in this section. All questions and feedback about the new platform should be posted ONLY in that thread.

• You will see my reply to the thread introducing myself.[/*]
  • I will add a new signature and avatar to the admin account.[/*]

What should you be doing now before this happens?

• Make sure your email address is up to date in your account.[/*]
  • If you don't remember your password, now would be a good time to reset it. Save the information.[/*]
  • The link that displays all your attachments in your user control panel will not be available, but all attachments will still be in your posts. It might be worth taking the time to save images that are important to you.[/*]

When Will This All Happen?

planetisuzoo.com is currently scheduled for September 7, 2021. HOWEVER, the schedule is very fluid, so that could change depending on any complications or schedule changes. I am simply giving you a heads up.

As your dedicated support, during the transition, I will be here with you multiple times a day, answering questions and listening to feedback.

My only request is that you remain patient with me while we work through the changes. :)

- Cricket

Attachments

#7 ·
mudoilngears said:
No you won't at least not if we can judge by statements made at the beginning of AG's takeover.
Unfortunately, we can't control what has happened in the past, but we can absolutely make sure you get the support you need moving forward. :)

- Cricket

#8 ·
AG_Admin said:
mudoilngears said:
Unfortunately, we can't control what has happened in the past, but we can absolutely make sure you get the support you need moving forward. :)

- Cricket
Cricket,

You should understand exactly why your company has ZERO credibility here.

There's a saying: "Behavior predicts..."

So what you're saying doesn't match past behavior (it matches the empty promises, though).

So, which would you believe, the words, or the behavior?

Jack

#9 ·
To be more productive, what could the new owners do to help build a relationship with this community moving forward? Rather than us just bitching, what are the top 5 things we'd like to see as a community? The site has been sold to share holders. I, and most other members don't have the funds currently available to purchase the site back, nor do I know the ins and outs of hosting a forum. So let's let reality sink in a bit and provide some useful suggestions.

*I realize that I'm a nobody, but I've seen a few forums go by the wayside because people are angry and just want to bitch. So feel free to completely ignore me, but this website is a wealth of knowledge that would be a complete shame if it disappeared. So I'm just suggesting that we at least attempt to work within our current situation to try and make it better.

#10 ·
Enemigo said:
To be more productive, what could the new owners do to help build a relationship with this community moving forward? Rather than us just bitching, what are the top 5 things we'd like to see as a community? The site has been sold to share holders. I, and most other members don't have the funds currently available to purchase the site back, nor do I know the ins and outs of hosting a forum. So let's let reality sink in a bit and provide some useful suggestions.

*I realize that I'm a nobody, but I've seen a few forums go by the wayside because people are angry and just want to bitch. So feel free to completely ignore me, but this website is a wealth of knowledge that would be a complete shame if it disappeared. So I'm just suggesting that we at least attempt to work within our current situation to try and make it better.
Agreed. I was mostly pointing put to the AG rep, that we do not simply believe the promises that are made.

I personally would like to see someone on here with admin credentials not just moderators. However they have already stated they will not do this.

Secondly I would like to see a rapid response when there are site issues.

#12 ·
it is hard to find people to participate on a site that caters to ''old'' vehicles. geez, my suzukis and isuzus are almost30 years old...all my iron is old...
too many gadgets and things to go wrong on the new stuff, but society has the kids nowdays sold on the fact that they need a new car/ truck/ suv every 2 years....

sure, the admin owning a isuzu would give them a vested interest, but would they? i doubt it.

another forum i am on was started by a private guy, he owned and operated many suzuki variants, the hosting site was bought out by tapatalk, and all he is now is a figure head of the site...you can make a ''donation'' to the site to remove adds, ($50 a year ) but that donation is just add revenue anyways...if you try running an add blocker, the site wont work...i have tried...i sure as hell aint giving a faceless tapatalk money to disable adds...

then there are the nifty (stupid) little gimmicks that tapatalk offers....''points'' that you can achieve for logging in every day, in gold, silver and bronze...then you can ''gift'' awards to other members...put little avatars on your screen profile pics (for money)
you can buy extra points as well...
it is connected to facecrack as well

i know of quite a few of the members quit that forum, after the tapatalk transition...

#13 ·
93trooperpooper said:
sure, the admin owning a isuzu would give them a vested interest, but would they? i doubt it.
I am not suggesting they do that, it would be a lot to ask. I'm just saying, they completely squandered any hope of credibility from the beginning, because they made pie-in-the-sky promises, and made no effort (and probably with no intent) to keep them. Once you've done that, trust is difficult (if not impossible) to regain. It doesn't come by making more nice promises.

And I'm not just hating on them here, I'm just letting them know the "lay of the land", as I see it.
mudoilngears said:
Agreed. I was mostly pointing put to the AG rep, that we do not simply believe the promises that are made.

I personally would like to see someone on here with admin credentials not just moderators. However they have already stated they will not do this.

Secondly I would like to see a rapid response when there are site issues.
Yeah!

Jack

#14 ·
New Forum Software Going Live Soon!

Dear Members,

Your new site will be going live soon! We are almost at the starting line and are really excited for you to experience the new community platform.

When the migration starts shortly, the site will be put into maintenance read-only mode (later today or early tomorrow morning) while the migration is underway until completion. We will post when the process is complete and the site is live. We look forward to your feedback and first impressions in the "Community Feedback: New Forum Software Is Live!" thread.

You will have dedicated support to help you transition to the new format.

I will be here to answer your questions and help you every step of the way. :)

- Cricket

Special Note: To avoid any confusion, I will be closing this thread now. All new comments will be posted to the "Community Feedback: New Forum Software Is Live!" thread once the migration to the new software is complete.

#18 ·
JoeIsuzu said:
AG_Admin said:
Special Note: To avoid any confusion, I will be closing this thread now.
:lol: Thought this was closed by now! :lol:

Jack
Oh, it was, énfasis on past tense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.