Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Greetings from Salt Lake City

475 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  icyclimbr 
#1 ·
Hello to all...I'm a newbie and joined back in 2018, but have never posted, so I thought I'd finally say hello and express my appreciation to the folks that created this forum.

I am currently working on installing a new power steering pump and lines on my daughter's first car: 1996 Rodeo LS 3.2.

I owned a '95.5 when I lived in DC and drove it for 200k miles before donating it to a charity. It's still on the road from what I'm told by the charity. We bought my 80 yo neighbor's '96 Rodeo a few years ago and it's been running pretty well after putting in a new transmission and some cosmetic fixes.

Biggest problem is a consistent power steering leak, and after 2 pumps replaced by local tire shop, it's still leaking, so I'm going after it this week. Another issue that I have not yet searched this forum for an answer is the check engine light continues to come on displaying a code that references an emissions problem, specifically that either the fuel cap is bad (which I replaced), the fuel sensor is faulty/wrong voltage to the sensor, or charcoal canister needs to be replaced. I have replaced all potential problem sources, but still experience the same code (I think it is P0143, but pulling it from memory).

Even with that, I have loved both vehicles, find them pretty comfortable to drive, and with a few modifications to the stock vehicle, a pretty capable rock-crawler.

Thanks again to the creators of the forum, and all those who have posted to help keep these great vehicles on the road!

Mark (icyclimbr)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.