(re) owner of a 1985 Trooper II 1.9L

Say Hi here for the first time. We're all friendly :)

Moderator: Staff

(re) owner of a 1985 Trooper II 1.9L

Postby lott26 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:34 pm

Hello all, glad to be here. Pretty cool story about my 1985 Trooper II

My father bought the Trooper sometime in 1989 (according to the license tag in the 3rd picture). I learned to drive a manual in this thing when I was about 9 years old at the hunting camp. In 1999, my dad passed away and at that time, the Trooper was in the shop, and we didn't know which shop. It took us over a year to find it and get it back home. It was my first car when I turned 16 and in 2003, it had some major mechanical issues. We decided to sell it to our mechanic and get something else to hold me over for a year or two.

After I got older and wiser, I realized how much I missed that car and how much I wanted it back. I said if I ever saw it again, i'd make an offer on the spot. Fast forward to Dec 2nd, 2019 and I got a text from my cousin saying he thinks he just saw my old Trooper. After 1 quick look at the picture, I knew it was my old car, and I went immediately to make the guy an offer.

After almost a year of hang-ups and negotiations, the Trooper got delivered to my house on Oct 1st, 2020. I have never worked on cars a day in my life, but have really enjoyed this project of getting this ole boy back up and running. This forum has been a huge resource/ help for my mechanical ignorance

I hope you enjoy the pictures, some old and some new.

In the 2nd picture, the letters "BL" are shown on the rear door. They stand for Blake Ledbetter who was a friend of mine in high school. He passed away in an accident and we had that decal on our football helmets. After the season, I transferred the decal to the Trooper and its still there today. It also still has my high school parking stickers and Alabama State Docks pass on the front windshield.

Someone along the way added 32s, a steel bumper, and a winch. The rest is just as its been since 1989.

LL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lott26
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Re: (re) owner of a 1985 Trooper II 1.9L

Postby Tentin » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:59 pm

Awesome story and awesome trooper. Body still looks to be in great condition
1995 Isuzu Pickup 4WD aka Suzie Q. 3" lift, 32" A/T's
1998 Isuzu Amigo 4WD aka Smeagol The Amigo. 2" Lift, 31" A/T's
Tentin
Rodeo King

Have thanks: 25 times