88 Trooper W/Automatic ITEC to Weber conversion question

Discuss anything related to drivetrain mods here (Engine &Transmission Swaps, lift, gearing, exhaust, etc)

Moderator: Staff

88 Trooper W/Automatic ITEC to Weber conversion question

Postby Randyman » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:27 pm

Hello Planetisuzoo!
With the information you guys have provided, I have been able to successfully convert my 88 2.6 ITEC trooper to a weber 38/38. Thank you very much! The engine runs and sounds amazing. My problem is the transmission. I haven't come across any specific information on what it needs to properly function. I had read that it needed to see the temperature sending unit, so I pulled that and wired it in, but nothing else from the engine is connected to the wiring harness. I currently only have second gear :( Does anyone have any experience with this particular situation? Any help would be much appreciated!
Randyman
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Re: 88 Trooper W/Automatic ITEC to Weber conversion question

Postby Randyman » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:20 pm

Hello again Planet!

Still hoping for someone can help me out with this! I have read is the temperature sending unit need to be hooked up and I have done that. The throttle position sensor seems to be the only thing that communicates with the electronic transmission control. Am I to assume that I would need to fabricate a bracket to mount the TPS and feed the ETC? That sounds like a bit of a drag, but I guess I'll try that next.

Any help would be appreciated!
Randyman
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time