Isuzu 6vd1 - haltech Ecu swap.!

Discuss anything related to drivetrain mods here (Engine &Transmission Swaps, lift, gearing, exhaust, etc)

Moderator: Staff

Isuzu 6vd1 - haltech Ecu swap.!

Postby Zoidian0 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:47 am

Hey guys I'm looking to swap the ecu of the 2002 rodeo with the 6vd1 engine with a new haltech elite 2000
and I'm wondering if any of u know some engine information so I can configure the elite to work with my engine
Specifically about trigger and home signals what would be the configuration for those

I know that the crank have an 60-2 tooth pattern but the cam signal it's what intrigues me
Can please someone help me to get it done?

I looking to replace the compile ecu and to the haltech take over

I got a response for haltech (attachments)

Matt help me with the basic config for the rne I'll try to keep working on that and post the signal graphs for the crank and can sensors later on
I added a capture of the signals for tje 6ve1 please let me know if it's the same for the 6vd1
Thanks u guys!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zoidian0
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Re: Isuzu 6vd1 - haltech Ecu swap.!

Postby Buster28 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:10 pm

A 2002 Rodeo 3.2L does not have a Camshaft Position Sensor installed. The installed Ion Sensing ignition system calculates which cylinder to fire first on startup using the 58X Crankshaft Position Sensor signal.
01 Rodeo Sport 4X4 3.2L V6
Buster28
4L30E Guru

Have thanks: 1216 times

Postby egagnon086 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:04 pm

I want to try this same haltech ecu with my 98 v6 with my super charger.

Keep up the experiment and let me know how it goes.
egagnon086
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 137 times

Postby Zoidian0 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:06 pm

Buster28 wrote:A 2002 Rodeo 3.2L does not have a Camshaft Position Sensor installed. The installed Ion Sensing ignition system calculates which cylinder to fire first on startup using the 58X Crankshaft Position Sensor signal.

Yeah but I think my rodeo have an older ignition system cuz I don't have the ion sensing unit
It have the 58x crank and I have a sensor that triggers the each one of the coils I have cop style of coils and a Hitachi ecu
What should I set for trigger signal on the elite?
Thanks I'm really trying to make this work
Thanks guys!
Zoidian0
Drives on Pavement

Postby Buster28 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:55 am

Starting in model year 2000 the 3.2L engines were equipped with the Ion Sensing Ignition system. The Camshaft Position Sensor (CPS) was removed and a blanking plug was installed in the LH cylinder head. If you think you need a CPS, you can remove the blanking plug and install an OEM Hall Effect sensor. The sensor is triggered by a "tab" on the rear of the LH intake camshaft, so the sensor puts out a pulse once every camshaft rotation. It looks like the tab is aligned with the #4 cylinder intake lobes.
Click on image to expand.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Buster28
4L30E Guru

Postby gelgamesh » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:28 am

Very interresting subject. There are another system called VEMS, and a friend of mine is involved in the development of that one. Hasn´t even thought of it but maybe it would be fun to install some modern configurable stuff. I have a stock 6VD1 that works but if a have a ECU meltdown or something, i guess it would work.

I am no expert, but at least what i understand, every engine should be working with any aftermarket system, and in particular a "modern" with EFI.
Ebony Black 1995 Isuzu Trooper LWB (Opel Monterey LTD) 3.2 SOHC manual. I am Swedish and haven´t been to school since the eighties, so excuse any bad English. :)
gelgamesh
Drives on Gravel

Postby Zoidian0 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:46 am

Yeah I'm looking to get more flexibity out of the engine and control over it
That's why I'm going with a haltech elite 200 it have everything that I need to completely take over the stock ecu and even more extra features ans control

I think I have seen that sensor on mine I'll check later on
but I have a sensor located over the 1st cylinder that triggers every time a coil is ignited. I'll post a picture later
I have checked with my osciloscope that behavior I'm looking to get a signal graph of than and the crank sensor so I can overlay them and look for some data
I'll keep posting more info as I go through
I'll post soon my basemap that. I'm working on so you uys can have a look.
I have not sti figured it out some transient and derivative values for enrichment any help is welcome
I'll post what have done Yo the map on a different post only about the map
Zoidian0
Drives on Pavement

Postby Buster28 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:43 am

Zoidian0 wrote:but I have a sensor located over the 1st cylinder that triggers every time a coil is ignited. I'll post a picture later
I have checked with my osciloscope that behavior I'm looking to get a signal graph of than and the crank sensor so I can overlay them and look for some data

That is not a sensor, it is a capacitor that is electrically connected across the ignition coil primary windings.
Buster28
4L30E Guru

Postby Zoidian0 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:01 pm

Post Deleted Due to irrelevant information
Zoidian0
Drives on Pavement

Postby Zoidian0 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:48 pm

Ok updates
i have rebuild my engine complitely new pistons and valves, spring valves and new cam and crack shaft bearings.
the engine now has 195psi of compression, pretty good compared to the 120 that had before

when i take it apart, i noticed that my engine dont have the knock sensor installed, it had the tapped hole to install it, but its empty so im going to install one once the ecu arrives with the sensors 1 for each bank, just to be sure on the tunning

the engine runs great and even got new coils for it, no problems and i have enough Km's on it so i had it break int pretty good.

still looking for info on the injector size

according to some sites the injectores are 24lb/h or 250cc

have someone confirm this please?

so i can set the haltech config rigth
im going to upgrade the injectors later on since the goal is to make it a turbo build with a single GT3582R (attached)

in the chart you can see the map and the work of the turbo at 4200RPM it makes 6psi of boost ( estimated) and by redline 6600 it males 10.6psi of boost ( estimated)

so its rigth in the power band that i want cuz i want it to run at best ant 8 psi since by some engine builders and some research that i have done i know that the valves springs can hold up up to 10psi of boost no problems so i dont want to make it work too hard and since the supercharged option for these engines puts out 5psi of boost im good with my 7 to 8 psi turbo

if you have any suggestions or information please let me know
thanks!
Last edited by Zoidian0 on Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoidian0
Drives on Pavement

Postby curly001 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:44 pm

Zoidian0 be careful of your boost levels don't exceed 10 psi.
I supercharged my engine 5years ago and did a lot of research into it.
At the time a mob in Victoria were building a dyno challenge V6 Rodeo for Supernats and found the stock crank would crack in half at 10 psi.
I'm looking forward to see how you go with the Haltec as I'm also looking at installing an Elite 750 on my Truck
The figure for the stock injectors looks right as you have found out it hard to find info on them their the same as the 2.6 4 cyl rodeo.
Cheers Curly
curly001
Drives on Gravel

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby mudoilngears » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:00 pm

curly001 wrote:Zoidian0 be careful of your boost levels don't exceed 10 psi.
At the time a mob in Victoria were building a dyno challenge V6 Rodeo for Supernats and found the stock crank would crack in half at 10 psi.
I'm looking forward to see how you go with tHaltec as I'm also looking at installing an Elite 750 on my Truck
The figure for the stock injectors looks right as you have found out it hard to find info on them their the same as the 2.6 4 cyl rodeo.
Cheers Curly

I don’t think an 02 V6 shares injectors with a 4ZE1 if that’s what you mean.
1998 Rodeo LS 4x4 4JB1-TC Diesel Swap, Moog CC247 coils, more mods to come!

SOLD- :( 1990 Isuzu Amigo 4X4 4ZE1 engine. Front Aussie Locker, HD Sway Away T-bars,Smittybilt XRC8 winch.
Build in progress...
mudoilngears
Almost Joe Isuzu

Have thanks: 159 times

Postby geoffinbc » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:09 pm

curly001 wrote:Zoidian0 be careful of your boost levels don't exceed 10 psi.
I'm looking forward to see how you go with the Haltec as I'm also looking at installing an Elite 750 on my Truck
Cheers Curly

If the crank destruction was that bad, it sounds like detonation may have been an issue.
1990 Trooper, 3.2L (3.1L .040 over) Pushrod V6, 5 speed manual. 33X10.50X15 BFG M/T KM2's. 3" OME Lift. Cowl Induction Intake. ARB Lockers front and rear. HD Tierods.
Off the road for an overhaul right now.

Big Bore Intake Kits & Greasable Shackles Here
geoffinbc
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 354 times