Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Lifetime hunting and fishing license

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  N law 
#1 ·
For those of you that haven't checked, look at your state's requirements for this option. In Tennessee, if you buy the license before 3 years old, its only $200 and the kiddo will be able to hunt and fish without further licenses or endorsements (except federal and the occasional refuge access fee). I did this for my boy just the other day. I figure if he goes 2 or 3 times in his life, it will pay for itself. Since we live 3 miles from Georgia, I think I can get him a lifetime license there, too, if I do it before 2 years old.

Check out your state's requirements!

#3 ·
California seems to split them into to catigories;

Hunting
Ages 0-9 $517.00 Available to any resident showing proof of completion of hunter education training. Lifetime hunting licensees receive an annual hunting license each year for life. The license and privilege package are nonrefundable and nontransferable.

Ages 10-39 $844.50
Ages 40-61 $761.00
Ages 62+ $517.00

&

Fishing
Ages 0-9 $517.00 Available to residents of California. Lifetime fishing licensees receive an annual sport fishing license each year for life.

Ages 10-39 $844.50
Ages 40-61 $761.00
Ages 62+ $517.00

https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Licensing/Lifetime

Still, while not the same deal, it's worth looking into. ( I just came across a surplus, kid's golf bag (for over-the-shoulder use; i made a joke about using it for Rifles, but really I think it's going to be used for my fishing rods, n' stuff...

#4 ·
Dang. Y'all need to get to normal states!

And I want to see a photo of a repurposed golf bag!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.