Switch to full site
This forum is for the discussion of outdoor activities, other than trail rides
Post a reply

Isn't it sad that we need this?

Sat May 28, 2016 8:13 am

NC is introducing a bill to garantee the right to hunt and fish.
http://www.ammoland.com/2016/05/north-c ... z49lZc6mYO

I always thought that was obvious.

Re: Isn't it sad that we need this?

Sat May 28, 2016 5:39 pm

What? Hadn't heard this, and would have assumed it was a given. Anyway, good to hear there is going to be a guarantee. I like hunting Curriuck and Lake Gaston. I also really like the bathroom law they passed, unlike all the Hollywod types, who don't live there, that raised hell.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:16 pm

What are they proposing otherwise? All food would have to either come from trout farms or chicken coops, but those aren't good either... How can these crazies speak so highly of free-range chickens, but then try to ban the harvesting of actual free-range animals?

And while I'm on free-range animals, can we take a second and look at how we are no longer wanting our kids to be free-range? We spend more time clipping their wings and putting them in a safe box to fatten them up...

Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:32 am

N law wrote:And while I'm on free-range animals, can we take a second and look at how we are no longer wanting our kids to be free-range? We spend more time clipping their wings and putting them in a safe box to fatten them up...

Veal. The Overlords will be pleased.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:16 pm

This is part of a national trend. Being proactive to keep the well meaning but misguided fools at bay. Peta and the anti gun crowd. They are striking at gun ownership by attacking hunting rights. So just like them the answer is to nibble away at securing what they want to attack before they get a chance. I think Texas was the 1st to enact a constitutional right to hunt and fish law recently. You can expect to see more of this.

Just like farmers had to get right to farm laws passed. Yupsters would build McMansions next to pig farms and then try to get them shut down for the smell ect. It has been a big problem around here.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:39 pm

That reminds me of a family story. Gentrified couple move in next to a great uncles farm. They complained about the manure pile and it's smell. Asked Uncle Frank to move it. He did. Loaded up the spreader and moved it everywhere :D
Post a reply