Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Wyoming chukar hunting

6K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  wmorrisiii 
#1 ·
Rosa our new German Wirehair Pointer just turned 1 year old Oct. 29 and has been having a fantastic first season, she is hunting like a seasoned pro making great points, marking,finding and retrieving downed birds and air scenting coveys at long distances. This is all happening with no real structured training just basic obediance and a lot of play time chasing a Kong toy and playing hide and find

See less See more
#3 ·
That looks like a lot of fun. I love the photo. Awesome Trooper and awesome dog. She certainly matches the Trooper. I would love to live in Wyoming. I used to want to live there when I was a kid. I had all these flash cards with information for the states and Wyoming had a very low population compared to the other states so I thought it would be a nice place to go. My wife was born in Douglas and my Father-in-law told me there are more antelope than people in Wyoming. He has some great hunting stories from living up there.

#5 ·
Great picture Dave! Do I see a new lightbar above the winch?

#6 ·
We use them in any recipe that calls for chicken it is a very white meat with a mild flavor. Bart you live in the chukar capitol of the US you should try hunting them some time they will show you're human humility. Hoping to make NEV. this year
Hess mess your quite observant that is but it is a cheap one (49.00)

#7 ·
Amazing, what one can learn reading our forum. Now I know what a chukar is. I had to actually go google to see a picture and learn it's in the partridge family. Happy hunting.

Attachments

#8 ·
outofrshell said:
Bart you live in the chukar capitol of the US you should try hunting them some time)
Yeah, I know, I have seen them out in the bush plenty of times. I know a lot of areas where I see them frequently. Whether those areas are hunt-able, I do not know. I am admittedly not much of a hunter as I tend to like to see wild animals alive rather than dead, however I have eaten quail and pheasant and it is some of the best bird I have ever eaten, so it is tempting to get into.

Bart

#9 ·
outofrshell said:
We use them in any recipe that calls for chicken it is a very white meat with a mild flavor. Bart you live in the chukar capitol of the US you should try hunting them some time they will show you're human humility. Hoping to make NEV. this year
Hess mess your quite observant that is but it is a cheap one (49.00)
I had a couple of them living in the neighborhood this year. Several times they were sitting on my front step when I left for work. I hunted them in my earlier years but they would just run me ragged. I never had a trained dog so that is the difference. And the cheap light is right up my alley. I see these big ones on some of these trucks and have to wonder why.
Dick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.