WTB 2nd Gen Amigo Soft-top "clamps" or frame/hardware

This is the place to post if you have something to sell or are in need of a part (No commercial posts)

Moderator: Staff

WTB 2nd Gen Amigo Soft-top "clamps" or frame/hardware

Postby maytag » Fri May 07, 2021 11:17 am

All;
I am looking for the "clamps" that pull the soft-top frame to the body on a 2nd Gen Amigo. Last fall I bought a frame and hardware from a seller here on the forum, and gifted it to my daughter. This spring we opened it up to do the conversion, and what he sent me was both incomplete and, frankly; Junk.
I can make much of it work, if necessary, if I can find those clamps that go on the roof.

Alternatively, I'd be interested in buying ALL of the components, Complete, and junking what I've got here. If you're parting a car, I'd be very motivated.

And, ultimately, I'd be willing to buy a complete vehicle, if the top components are there. I'm not averse to having another Amigo. :lol:

Please let me know if you have, or if you're aware of any of the above.
Thanks!!
maytag
Loyal P'up

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Re: WTB 2nd Gen Amigo Soft-top "clamps" or frame/hardware

Postby dwiebell » Fri May 28, 2021 3:32 pm

Hey Maytag,

I have a 1999 Isuzu Amigo v6 4x4 with the rusted frame sitting in my driveway. It has the soft top with all frame components. The soft top is off of the vehicle and has been stored in garage since 2014. Should be in very good shape. The car was running well when I parked in 2014. Will need to be trailered since I don't have the time to get it running again.

I'm considering parting it out if I cannot find an "entire car" buyer.
Saw your post and thought I'd see if you're are still looking for a complete parts car.

Let me know. I'm in Cincinnati.
dwiebell
Drives on Pavement

Postby maytag » Sat May 29, 2021 10:04 am

I would be interested, for sure. I'm in Utah, though..... so that's a thousand dollar hit to get the whole car here.
I'd make it worth your while to sell me the top parts. Even if just the "clamps" from the roof. (Though I'd be interested in the whole assembly)
maytag
Loyal P'up

Postby dwiebell » Sat May 29, 2021 8:16 pm

Yes, cost prohibitive to ship entire car to Utah. Give me a little time and if I don't get any interest in selling it "whole" I'll get back to you about the clamps &/or entire top assembly. Thank you.
dwiebell
Drives on Pavement

Postby maytag » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:02 am

Thank you. Please keep me posted. I'm "motivated", haha
maytag
Loyal P'up

Postby DamianRocks » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:16 pm

If Dwei doesn't get back to you, I have a parts car outside and it should have the clamps still on it (no reason not too). I'll have to check. What parts of your top are incomplete? It's just kind of a bow frame, clamps, two plastic trays, and a very hard to find metal bar across the back. I bought a used top from ebay once and it was missing the metal bar and the plastic trays were in pieces, but I have some hacks to make it work if you're in the same boat?
DamianRocks
Drives on Pavement