FS - 1st gen Trooper Brush Guard

This is the place to post if you have something to sell or are in need of a part (No commercial posts)

Moderator: Staff

FS - 1st gen Trooper Brush Guard

Postby msgeastham » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:59 am

For sale is a 1st gen trooper brush guard. I pulled it off a pretty spec'd out trooper so I assume it's a factory Brush Guard. Comes apart in three pieces and includes hardware.

I had it professionally sand blasted and powder coated flat black last year. It's in great shape except a few minor scratches.

I only snagged one factory mount since they were hard to remove but then I had some heavy duty mounts machined based on the factory mount (I'll include the original one too). I sprayed them with bed liner.

The original hardware was rusty and the shoulders on the carriage bolts were worn out so I bought stainless metric bolts and washers with nylon lock nuts to replace them (the four small bolts connect the mounts to the bumper, the larger bolts mount the guard to the mounts and join the side pieces.

I liked this setup a lot on my '89 but I got an ARB that was modified to fit a trooper and replaced it.

Looking to get $150 + shipping. I've seen shipping estimates range from $60 - over $100 for brush guards that have sold here before. I'll box it up soon so I can get an estimate if anyone wants one. Local pickup is in northern Virginia

Update: I'll also include these new mounting brackets that I bought but never used. They could be used for fog lights, antennas, etc. I never installed them but they should fit on the large tubes in the center section.

I should add that I had it powder coated as 3 pieces and did not fully disassemble the main front part. As a result of the bumpers age, there is some rust residue that seeps out where the main tubes bolt up as shown in the photo below. The brush guard is very solid though.

Thanks!

Mike
msgeastham
Drives on Gravel

Have thanks: 2 times

Sponsor

Re: FS - 1st gen Trooper Brush Guard

Postby giusedtobe » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:54 pm

I'll take it. Let me know how you want to do this.

Thanks
Alan
giusedtobe
Trail Master

Have thanks: 28 times

Re: SOLD FS - 1st gen Trooper Brush Guard

Postby msgeastham » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:04 pm

Sold and shipped. Thanks alan!
msgeastham
Drives on Gravel

Postby Mtn_Van » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:46 pm

Huge favor! Can you post a pic showing how the brush guard is mounted underneath the bumper? I have a gen2 4runner and potentially a gen1 rodeo guard that just may work with some slight fab. Thanks so much in advance!

*if anyone else reading this has a gen1 troopy guard or winch bumper they're willing to sell - shoot me a message!
Mtn_Van
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby msgeastham » Mon May 03, 2021 10:55 am

Hopefully this helps, not sure the best way to explain it.

This brush guard that I sold basically just bolts up to the factory bumper mount bracket which then bolts to the frame of the car.

Below is a picture of the inside of a factory trooper bumper. The 90 degree angle brackets (shown in an earlier post) bolt to the outside of the bumper through those open holes towards the top of the picture. One 90 degree bracket ends up on the top of the bumper and one on the front of the bumper. These brackets are on both sides, so four total brackets - mirror image oriented, then the brush guard mounts directly to these brackets.

I would say this brush guard doesn't bolt so much underneath the bumper as it does to the front of the bumper.

You can see it mounted on the front of the bumper in this photo, the other brackets are used in the same fashion, just on top of the bumper and obstructed from view in this photo.

Mike

For this post the author msgeastham was thanked by:
Mtn_Van
msgeastham
Drives on Gravel

Postby giusedtobe » Mon May 03, 2021 11:31 am

Thats actually helpful for me too as I have not mounted it yet. Here is where I am now so getting ready to put the guard on. Have a round eye grill too but thats going on my next trooper project.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
giusedtobe
Trail Master

Have thanks: 28 times