Isuzu SUV Forum banner

2019 FALL UWHARRIE RUN

19K views 90 replies 17 participants last post by  superswire 
#1 ·
The poll is closed and this year the Fall Uwharrie Run will take place November 6th through 10th.

In :D

pgerblonski site 33

Trev1980 site 43

pretzel and co. site 29

Superswire (booking this week)

JLEMOND SITE 32

btw1549 site 27

lorenzo816 site 28

Van site 34

Lowzone site 14

RickP site 47

Out :(

Maybe :?

paulevans76 for sunday funday ?

MrDunge ?

News, Information, and Updates:

Guide to Uwharrie National Forest:

Link to the Forest Service Guide to Uwharrie National Forest.

CAMPING:

Link to the Arrowhead campground website.

MAP AND DIRECTIONS:

Google Maps Directions to the Eldorado Outpost - Located just outside of the trails.

To get to the Arrowhead Campground from the Outpost, turn left out of the parking lot. Look for the sign for the horse camp and turn left on SR1154. Make a right at the "T" intersection onto SR544. Go past the horse camp to the stop sign at the next T intersection. You will see a sign saying Arrowhead Campground is to the left. Make the left onto the dirt road SR597. Make a right at the sign marking the turn to the camp ground on SR597B. The road is paved just before you pass a dump station. When you get into Arrowhead, keep your speed down and watch out for the speed bumps. The road will fork. You have to go to the right because the road becomes one way. The camp sites are well marked by numbers and with the last name of the person making the reservation.

Trail Map:

THINGS TO BRING:

You must have a trail pass. An annual pass is $30. A day pass is $5 per day. Trail passes can be purchased at the Outpost.

It often rains at least one day during the event. So rain gear and tarps are recommended. Fire wood is always appreciated.

It is a good idea to bring a tool kit and some trail spares, as I can tell you from experience that sh_t happens on the trails. We tend to help one another out so if everybody brings something, we usually have everything covered and there is an auto parts store in Troy.

FOOD AND SUPPLIES:

This tends to be a very informal event. People come and go as they please; some preferring to hang out at camp or go fishing instead of trail riding. With the Flintlock Range now open, some will also go shooting (passes are $3 per day and are available at the Outpost). So bring enough food and drink to last the entire event. Food, drink and ice are available at the Outpost or in Troy. The Outpost also has a good breakfast for around $5. Usually there is a group dinner on Friday. If the weather is bad on Sat, we sometimes go into town and have dinner at Zeno's.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
As always, this will be a completely un-sponsored and unofficial event ... No clubs or organizations will be overseeing the activities. This is simply going to be a bunch of friends and online acquaintances getting together for a weekend of fun, good food, and lots of off-road amusement.

ALL attendees will be utterly and solely responsible for themselves and the guests within their individual group(s) (including all vehicles and equipment), and shall be expected to abide by the laws, rules, and policies set-down by our true hosts, the United States Forestry Service and the people of the great state of North Carolina.

See less See more
#2 ·
We are in!! Will book a site asap.

#3 ·
I will most likely swing thru on Sunday for a day ride.

#4 ·
:D (In) just booked site 33

Jerry is coming... emailed with him yesterday, and he's in 8)

#8 ·
Site 27 from Thursday to Sunday. Might not have a zoo but will be a good camping weekend.

#10 ·
superswire said:
The poll is closed and this year the Fall Uwharrie Run will take place November 6th through 10th.

In :D

pgerblonski site 33

Trev1980 site 43

pretzel and co. site 29

Superswire (booking this week)

JLEMOND SITE 32

btw1549 site 27

Out :(

Maybe :?

RickP will he brave the open road for some zu fun ?

paulevans76 for sunday funday ?

News, Information, and Updates:

Guide to Uwharrie National Forest:

Link to the Forest Service Guide to Uwharrie National Forest.

CAMPING:

Link to the Arrowhead campground website.

MAP AND DIRECTIONS:

Google Maps Directions to the Eldorado Outpost - Located just outside of the trails.

To get to the Arrowhead Campground from the Outpost, turn left out of the parking lot. Look for the sign for the horse camp and turn left on SR1154. Make a right at the "T" intersection onto SR544. Go past the horse camp to the stop sign at the next T intersection. You will see a sign saying Arrowhead Campground is to the left. Make the left onto the dirt road SR597. Make a right at the sign marking the turn to the camp ground on SR597B. The road is paved just before you pass a dump station. When you get into Arrowhead, keep your speed down and watch out for the speed bumps. The road will fork. You have to go to the right because the road becomes one way. The camp sites are well marked by numbers and with the last name of the person making the reservation.

Trail Map:

THINGS TO BRING:

You must have a trail pass. An annual pass is $30. A day pass is $5 per day. Trail passes can be purchased at the Outpost.

It often rains at least one day during the event. So rain gear and tarps are recommended. Fire wood is always appreciated.

It is a good idea to bring a tool kit and some trail spares, as I can tell you from experience that sh_t happens on the trails. We tend to help one another out so if everybody brings something, we usually have everything covered and there is an auto parts store in Troy.

FOOD AND SUPPLIES:

This tends to be a very informal event. People come and go as they please; some preferring to hang out at camp or go fishing instead of trail riding. With the Flintlock Range now open, some will also go shooting (passes are $3 per day and are available at the Outpost). So bring enough food and drink to last the entire event. Food, drink and ice are available at the Outpost or in Troy. The Outpost also has a good breakfast for around $5. Usually there is a group dinner on Friday. If the weather is bad on Sat, we sometimes go into town and have dinner at Zeno's.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
As always, this will be a completely un-sponsored and unofficial event ... No clubs or organizations will be overseeing the activities. This is simply going to be a bunch of friends and online acquaintances getting together for a weekend of fun, good food, and lots of off-road amusement.

ALL attendees will be utterly and solely responsible for themselves and the guests within their individual group(s) (including all vehicles and equipment), and shall be expected to abide by the laws, rules, and policies set-down by our true hosts, the United States Forestry Service and the people of the great state of North Carolina.

#11 ·
Alright guys. Anyone want to join in a group dinner? We can start another thread for specifics or do it on this one ? Anyone rather a group breakfast or brunch ? Lets hear ye !!!

On a side note, looking at my exhaust leak the other day, I have some ugly grey grease on my passenger side lower control arm under the cv cup. Hoping its just the cv with the torn boot since its lifted now and not something more serious. Always something...ill bring it even if i only have 2wd tho i promise !!!

#12 ·
i'm always up to cook... i think dinner (supper/evening meal) is usually the best to try to assemble for... i can try to do a boat load of bbq chicken again if ya want..?

#14 ·
site 28 booked.
May have room to squeeze one more in my spot if anyone needs to pitch a tent. I may sleep in my truck. Depending on weather if I set up a tent or not.
Looking forward to the Fall camping. Dan, I'll give you some money to help cover beans and chicken or whatever you gonna cook. last time was pretty good.

#16 ·
I'll start stocking up on yardbird :)

#17 ·
I wanna go but I'm still having issues with what kept me from coming in the spring. I've been gone for hurricane relief for a month so hopefully in the next few weeks I will figure it out and make a decision

#19 ·
Its going to be super dusty if we don't get anymore rain soon.
All the gravel they laid down on the main FS roads isn't packed in yet and hasn't had any rain to let the silica pack in.
Gonna need 3 showers a day if it stays this way. Just a heads up.

#20 ·
lorenzo816 said:
Its going to be super dusty if we don't get anymore rain soon.
All the gravel they laid down on the main FS roads isn't packed in yet and hasn't had any rain to let the silica pack in.
Gonna need 3 showers a day if it stays this way. Just a heads up.
Sounds like a good way to keep warm haha

#25 ·
46-49 is tent nonElectric, no trailers. Just a heads up.
1-11 + 50 is car, rv and trailer plenty of room just nonElectric.
Don't think it matters too much since we do have hot showers there but if you needed a heater plugged in at any of those, you'll need to run a very very long drop cord to your neighbor or pack a good goose to sleep with.

#26 ·
So...I couldnt get my phone to load the Arrowhead site when we 1st decided on a date. Remedied this weekend and looks like most everything is booked up. Let me know if anyone has room for a sqautter haha. Worst case, Ill stop down for a dayride since im only about 35 minutes away ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.