Valve Stems

What fits and What performs

Moderator: Staff

Valve Stems

Postby djwestly » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:01 am

Anyone know the model number of the valve stems on a 97 2wd 3.2L AT Rodeo?
Wheels are stock 16x6 (5.5?) with 225/75R16.
On ebay, I can find numbers like tr413, tr418, etc.
Thanks.
Thanks,
Dave
djwestly
Drives in Mud

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Re: Valve Stems

Postby mudoilngears » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:26 pm

Why wouldn’t you just pick up some at a tire shop? Valve stems are pretty universal.
1998 Rodeo LS 4x4 4JB1-TC Diesel Swap, Moog CC247 coils, more mods to come!

SOLD- :( 1990 Isuzu Amigo 4X4 4ZE1 engine. Front Aussie Locker, HD Sway Away T-bars,Smittybilt XRC8 winch.
Build in progress...
mudoilngears
Almost Joe Isuzu

Have thanks: 188 times

Postby djwestly » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:38 pm

I plan on changing the tire myself and would like to order the part ahead of time.

I'm guessing a shop might not even know the number; maybe they just compare the one removed from a tire to what they have in stock and grab the one that matches.

I don't really want to order each of the different types and hope they match when I take the tire off.
I also don't want to have to run to the shop in the middle of changing the tire.

I was hoping someone on this site had already changed their own stems and knew what part number I needed.
Thanks,
Dave
djwestly
Drives in Mud

Postby mudoilngears » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:42 pm

djwestly wrote:I plan on changing the tire myself and would like to order the part ahead of time.

I'm guessing a shop might not even know the number; maybe they just compare the one removed from a tire to what they have in stock and grab the one that matches.

I don't really want to order each of the different types and hope they match when I take the tire off.
I also don't want to have to run to the shop in the middle of changing the tire.

I was hoping someone on this site had already changed their own stems and knew what part number I needed.

Just measure the length, and order accordingly for steel wheels.
1998 Rodeo LS 4x4 4JB1-TC Diesel Swap, Moog CC247 coils, more mods to come!

SOLD- :( 1990 Isuzu Amigo 4X4 4ZE1 engine. Front Aussie Locker, HD Sway Away T-bars,Smittybilt XRC8 winch.
Build in progress...
mudoilngears
Almost Joe Isuzu

Have thanks: 188 times

Postby djwestly » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:17 pm

Apparently there are 2 diameters (and multiple lengths).

I would be guessing at both dimensitons because I can't see the base of the stem when looking at the rim (length that I CAN see is about 1.5").

When searching online, I don't see any recomendation for steel wheels (or wheel type in general for dimensions).

I would like to have the parts on-hand ahead of time when I unmount my current tires and mount the new ones.
(I HATE having to run to the store in the middle of a repair).
Thanks,
Dave
djwestly
Drives in Mud