Isuzu SUV Forum banner

1985 Trooper Lug Nut compatibility and questions

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  87_troopaII 
#1 ·
[align=justify]Hello

I have recently upgraded to some ROH blak trak 15x8 steelies coming from the stock 15x6 steelies using my current 30x9.5 tire setup. I have noticed that removing these lug nuts are a pain. One wheel on the front side is tightened down as much as possible but the oem center wheel cap is loose. I am using the stock lug nuts/washer, I'm asking if anybody out there has used a different styled nut with the isuzu wheelcap? Acorns perhaps? Because I am not a fan of the washers/nuts it has. Planning to change them all because I don't understand how much resistance they have just getting it on.[/align]

#2 ·
After a couple of hours of research and some experimentation on the local auto supplies store here, I finally found a compatible replacement. The stock lug nuts have been a pain and all the while I thought my bolts have been stripped but they are actually fine. The new ones pop right in and I can hand tighten them all the way no problem.

In my country this is labeled as "Toyota" nuts. They have a 21mm Head slightly bigger than the stock 19mm ones but are a perfect fit for the OEM wheel center cap.

Here's a picture of the comparison. Same M12x1.5 left isuzu right toyota. The built in washers ensure a tight fit.

My Stock painted lug nuts and a painted wheelhub on ROH Blak Trak 2's

New Lugs. Nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.