Isuzu SUV Forum banner

What 94 Trooper wheel swap will give widest stance?

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  nujac 
#1 ·
I have a 1994 trooper with a 3" body lift so I was able to swap in a GM 4.3L vortex and 4L60E several years ago. What wheels would give me the widest stance without having to go with wheel spacing? Current tires are BFG TA LT245/75R16 on stock rims. It looks like 3" to 4" more of the tire sticking out is what I am looking for. I would add some simple fender flares to make it look right. Correct me if I am wrong but if the axles did not have a problem with this set up I would think rubbing would not be a problem since I am going out and not in. Stock take off wheels off something else would be the lowest cost option. I may have to have someone bore out the centers. Clearing the disk brake stuff needs to be considered.

I looked at other post on the back spacing which can drive anyone batty. I am not looking to start another back spacing post but more of I tried this wheel and it stuck out this many more inches and nothing rubbed. I am looking to not do anymore work on the trooper, only swap out wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.