What 94 Trooper wheel swap will give widest stance?

What fits and What performs

Moderator: Staff

What 94 Trooper wheel swap will give widest stance?

Postby nujac » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:30 am

I have a 1994 trooper with a 3" body lift so I was able to swap in a GM 4.3L vortex and 4L60E several years ago. What wheels would give me the widest stance without having to go with wheel spacing? Current tires are BFG TA LT245/75R16 on stock rims. It looks like 3" to 4" more of the tire sticking out is what I am looking for. I would add some simple fender flares to make it look right. Correct me if I am wrong but if the axles did not have a problem with this set up I would think rubbing would not be a problem since I am going out and not in. Stock take off wheels off something else would be the lowest cost option. I may have to have someone bore out the centers. Clearing the disk brake stuff needs to be considered.

I looked at other post on the back spacing which can drive anyone batty. I am not looking to start another back spacing post but more of I tried this wheel and it stuck out this many more inches and nothing rubbed. I am looking to not do anymore work on the trooper, only swap out wheels.
nujac
Loyal P'up

Have thanks: 1 time

Sponsor

Re: What 94 Trooper wheel swap will give widest stance?

Postby Ahh-Phuu » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:13 pm

Sorry just saw this. If you're still looking...I'm running a 16x8 wheel with 0 offset and 265/75 BFG KA02s.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ahh-Phuu
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: What 94 Trooper wheel swap will give widest stance?

Postby nujac » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:28 pm

That looks perfect. What year and model car did the wheels come off? Or is that an after market wheel and what brand?
Thanks for the reply
nujac
nujac
Loyal P'up

Have thanks: 1 time