Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Black&White Trooper 2001

229K views 207 replies 52 participants last post by  DSUZU 
#1 ·
This is my last mod. I hope after one month the Trooper will be taller.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looking good. My neighbor wants a lift now for his 01 Trooper after seeing mine lifted and bigger tires. You will like the stance of the Trooper after a lift and bigger tires.

#4 ·
Looking NICE! :D

I'm PUMPED, because mine is almost identical to yours (2000 w/o the sunroof but with tube-style stepping bars), and I'm looking forward to getting it set up for the outdoors! I'm especialy pleased to see it in action! WOO-HOO!

Questions:

1) What brand/model of roof rack do you have? Did you install it yourself? If so, was it difficult? Is it reenforced at all? How much weight can it hold?

2) What brand of lights do you have? Did you install them yourself? If so, was it difficult? What is the wiring in the photo showing the engine compartment? Would you recommend one pointing back, as I've seen in some places?

3) What are the red things in the rack?

4) Where do you have your CB mounted? What brand is it? Do you know a good source of 11MB radios? (I want to install mine in the slot for the CD player.)

5) Did you by any chance replace the bulbs in your headlights? Would you happen to know anyone who sells those super-bright near-blue lights you see on new European cars? I recon I'd have to change the whole lamp assembly (lens and bulb) to do that...

Thanks so much! Sorry for all the questions, but I just got my truck less than two months ago, and am absolutely clueless when it comes to off-roading and CB radios. In any case, this truck is going to be my baby when I move out west (CO, NV, UT, NM, AZ) early next year, so any help you can provide will be supremely appreciated!

BTW, you REALLY need to get down to the Isuzu dealer or local junkyard and get a factory switch for your lights! :wink:

Reactions: Zuze3.0
#6 ·
1. The brand of roof rack is a Surco. Original Surco is not strong enough and I modifyed it like described here http://www.planetisuzoo.com/articles.htm/98
Right now I kan walk on it without any problems.

2. All modifications done by myself with great help of my son and friends using regular tools and without a garage. Except rock sliders which was builted and installed by StinkyFab http://www.stinkyfab.com.

3. The brand of lights is ProComp. This is 130 Watts driving lights.
It is not difficult to install them if you know have minimum knowelege about auto electric. I not installed back light and aux. fog lights yet, but already done all wiring for this. About brands, I'm not decied yet.

4. The red things on the rack it is jerrycan holders.

5. I can not afford real xeon lights system on trooper. Yes they looks cool, but so $$$.

6. CB mounted on the top center console box between front seets.
I put CB here because I have factory CD changer.

Also you can found another answers on this great forum: http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?Cat=&C=15

#7 ·
VERY nice! Thanks!

One last question: Do you have any plans to swap out the front and/or rear bumbers and replace them with DOR or ARB-type units? From your pictures, I can't imagine asking my Trooper to do more (for that I'll make a dedicated 4x4 rig), so I'm wondering if it's worth the effort and cost.

Thanks again! :D

#8 ·
I'm not decied yet about bumpers. In ideal I looking for light bumpers with hitch mounts for front and rear. No whinch bumper. Yes, the trooper looks great with ARB bumper and Warn whinch, but I can't see a reason to spend additional $2K for good looking. My next project will be a front and rear lockers. And probably custom front bumper.

#9 ·
When you say "light" bumper, do you mean lightweight, or containing lights? Or both? Or neither?

Why no winch? Is it simply because you don't plan on taking the Trooper anyplace you'd need it?

I'm partial to having it "just in case", if only to be able to help others. I'm also a notorious gearhead.... :?

What do you mean by "hitch mounts"? Trailer hitches or tow points?

Sorry for the annoying newbie questions. I really do appreciate your time and patience. :shock:

Edited to add: OH! Do you know where I can get a factory manual for the Trooper? I can't find one ANYWHERE, and it's REALLY driving me nuts! Even the local dealer claims to be clueless! AAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH! :x

#10 ·
Yes, I mean lightweight bumper. I need hitch receiver on the front bumper. In this case I can use removable whinch.
Regarding shop manual: I'm glad to have one also. The original CD is so $$$.

#11 ·
vovkus said:
Yes, I mean lightweight bumper. I need hitch receiver on the front bumper. In this case I can use removable whinch.
Regarding shop manual: I'm glad to have one also. The original CD is so $$$.
Where did you get the manual? I can't find one anywhere! I prefer paper, but I'll take the CD and print the darn thing if I have to!

#17 ·
BTW, Sylvania Silverstars are the brightest light you can get(that I know of), without changing the wiring harness, and going to HID.

I run them in everything..they do work great..

Chase

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.