Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Bought a 97 Rodeo today for $4,000. Did I get a good deal?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  steelmets 
#1 ·
Bought a 97 Rodeo today for $4,000. Did I get a good deal?

51,000 Miles. Garage kept. 1 owner (he was around 85 and bought it 25 years ago as their 3rd car).

I absolutely love it and it's like a time capsule. I will post pictures in the morning. It's the 2wd version V6. First Rodeo ever I just had to have it as it was 51k miles MINT condition and garage kept with 1 owner. How much do you think it's worth? My friend is saying I should put it up for auction.

#2 ·
Congratulations, barn find! Myself I don't know the value of Rodeos, but someone will

#4 ·
I'd say it's worth about 6000-6500. Here's a very similar one asking 7000 in a high value area (Los Angeles) but has been posted for 2 weeks and hasn't sold yet.

First thing I would do is look over everything that is rubber. They still age even if the car isn't being driven. Things like hoses, vacuum lines, bushings, and the date code the tires were made. Also replace all the fluids if they haven't been replaced recently, good thing to do when buying any used car.

Once you've done that, get out and enjoy it! Don't worry about putting miles on it, it's your car to enjoy and you got a good deal.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.