Suzie, the little gray pickup

Post pictures of your Isuzu here. Document Mods, showcase unique features and generally show off your truck

Moderator: Staff

Re: Suzie, the little gray pickup

Postby hessmess » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:33 pm

I actually converted mine years ago, haven’t tried it this year but worked great last year. I also converted the Trooper a long time ago. I ran thru Wyoming last August and the AC worked great. I am headed to Green River Utah in a few weeks. Better check out that AC in the Trooper again.
86 Trooper (sold to brother) wrecked and recycled
88 Trooper (recycled)
91 Trooper, 3.1, bored .40, Cam, 4.3 TBI, roller rockers, Fiero valve covers, remote oil filter, LSD, 2.25 Cat back exhaust, BJ flip, 5 speed conversion, Round eye conversion-retired and parts donated to the new 91
91 LS Trooper, 5 speed, 3.4, bored intake, LSD, rebuilt using parts donated from the first 91
https://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopi ... 15&t=81567
89 Pup LS Space Cab, 4X4, 2.25 cat back exhaust system, LSD, Jerry Cam, otherwise stock, painted Oct 2018.
https://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=55081
hessmess
Donor
Donor

Have thanks: 173 times

Sponsor

Postby dankly1 » Sun May 02, 2021 7:24 pm

My truck has a horrible aftermarket radio that I have a tough time operating or even seeing where it is mounted forward of the shifter. Due to this, and the fact that my factory voltmeter is all over the place, I decided to install a clock/voltmeter on the dash. This is the one that I purchased:

Digital Clock

I installed it in the blanking panel to the left of the steering column. These are some of the steps I went through:

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg

Continued on next post...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1993 4X4 Pickup
dankly1
Drives on Dirt

Have thanks: 5 times

Postby dankly1 » Sun May 02, 2021 7:52 pm

...continued from previous post.

Now that I had the clock installed in the blanking plate, it was time to get some power to it. I wanted a factory style install so I accessed the back of the interior fuse panel and looked for a source of always-on power. The hot side of fuses 1, 2 and 3 are hot all the time and are fed from 1 big wire to a 3-position terminal. Fuse position 5 is not used on the pickup so I decided to use it for my clock fuse. Next was a trip to another 93 at the junkyard.

I pulled 4 wire terminal pigtails from the fuse box and a few little trim pieces. I used a pigtail to jumper from the hot side of fuse #1 to the hot side of #5. Then I spliced another pigtail from the fused side of #5 to the power wire from the clock. Once that was done, I put a ring connector on the end of the negative wire and grounded it to one of the steering column bolts. I apologize that I don't have any pictures of this but if anyone is interested, I can take some and post them.

All I had left to do was pop in the clock and put in a fuse. It is powered from the 10 amp in the lower left of the panel. I will be replacing that with a 2.5 amp, but 10 is all I had at the time.

IMG_1618.jpg

IMG_1617.jpg

So, now I have a clock I can read, an accurate voltmeter, and 2 different thermometers. A few notes about this unit:

• It displays the time on a 24 hour clock (after 20 years in the military, this is not an issue for me)
  • I have been unable to get the temp display to change from celsius to fahrenheit
  • It has 2 temp sensor wires, a short one and a long one. I will try to run the long one to somewhere outside the cab
  • It does not come with any instructions whatsoever
  • The display can be set to 3 different brightness levels
  • You can set it to automatically scroll through the 4 display modes (time, volts, inside temp,outside temp) or to stay on just 1 all the time

Anyway, this is probably more info than anyone probably wanted, but I'm bored at work right now.

Cheers!
Alex

PS. I don't know why the pictures are showing upside down, but if you click on them they flip over.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1993 4X4 Pickup
dankly1
Drives on Dirt

Have thanks: 5 times

Previous