Bradzuzu's 99 Trooper Build All the Goodies !!

Post pictures of your Isuzu here. Document Mods, showcase unique features and generally show off your truck

Moderator: Staff

Re: Bradzuzu's 99 Trooper Build All the Goodies !!

Postby bradzuzu » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:01 pm

CE508FF8-E6F0-4D79-8EF2-C2D040FBDCD4.jpeg

Man what a pain to add pics now !!
After roughly 10,000 miles of service one of my comp cam valves springs broke .. I had just got off the freeway and down at work when it started idling funny while I was looking at a dump truck , by the time I got it up to the shop the keeper came apart and let the valve drop and bounce off the piston several times (the sound was wonderful) !!
Three weeks later I FINALLY had everything (stupid mail system these days) to get it back together ... The haunting “if I would’ve shut it off right then and towed it” thought rolled through my head a few times but you never know what happened .. My first thought was an injector took a dump ..

Anyway she’s all better now and that’s what matters most .. I drive the little trooper most of the time anyway since it gets better mileage and is nice and quiet (redid the exhaust cause I’m getting old and stuff) .. I also changed out the muffler in the big trooper to quiet it down (flowmaster to a magnaflow) it was great till the outer shell started resonating and giving off a horrible sound .. My fix was to wrap it (test) with a strap of Plummer’s tape which resulted in another sound much like a reed in a wind instrument vibrating off the outer shell :roll: ... That finally broke and I ended up making a strap out of 1”x1/8” flat bar and I think even that damn thing came apart :( ... Hence driving a nice quiet smooth running little 3.5 trooper gives me no complaints to complain about , did I mention getting older and not digging the super hotrod noise lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
91 amigo sas toy front leaf- traded off :(
2000 amigo sas d44 wagonear 4 link
custom built buggy ffor the dirty stuff

My build up page
Four link pics
Intake R&R - port and polish

Sometimes trying is all you can do, but when you succeed , that's something to be proud of...
bradzuzu
Donor
Donor

Have thanks: 390 times

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Member's Rides