Isuzu SUV Forum banner

My Classic car and Intro.

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  gruff54 
#1 ·
Hi All, Glad to be here and it's a very helpful great site. Our 2001 Trooper was my wifes previous daily driver (she owned it when we first met) Now it is my project vehicle! I have been working on it for the last 2 years sorting everything out. Its runs really good these days. I really love the Trooper but not as much as my 4yr old twin granddaughters! Here is my 70 Mach1. I have owned it since 79. It was in really bad shape since I was the 9th owner in 9 years. I did all the restoration except the body and paint. Here is a link with a few pictures. https://link.shutterfly.com/s61rHgPI3bb

#3 ·
Gorgeous Mach 1! And it's a manual trans with Shaker hood! Very nice. You did a great job on the resto.

I have a '67 Coupe with H.O. 5.0 and it's been fun going to car shows. Except this year of course! Can we just be done with 2020 already?? :mrgreen:

Reactions: AlanMac
#6 ·
Sweet looking car. An old car or classic always gives me a smile. Last week I'm out running errands for work. On my way back, I pass a little garage that often has one or more classics out front. There was a black 1967 Chevelle Malibu. I drove about a mile or two, stop at the light and there is a blue 67 Chevelle SS 396 convertible sitting opposite me (with the top down :)). I had 2 67s in the Chevelles I owned. Dennis

Reactions: AlanMac
#8 ·
Thanks for the kind thoughts. I made my Mach 1 a restomod. It was an original Wimbledon white shaker 351w H automatic car. It had white with black strip deluxe seats. The engine block is original but stroked to 418 ci. forged rotating assembly, AFR 205 heads, custom roller cam, ported and flow balanced edlebrock performer RPM intake, custom 950 holley, FPA full length headers etc, etc, etc. It has a Tremec TKO 5 speed that was modified by liberties gear. Baer 6 piston 13 inch disk brakes all around. TCP coil over conversion front suspension with a TCP steering rack. The interior is also restored, the seats are original frames with custom TMI covers and matching foam. Lots more to this car, too much to list. It rocks! Alan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.