Where you live.

Use this forum to post about something that doesn't fit in any other topic (ex: link to the picture of the Toyota in a sink-hole)

Moderator: Staff

Re: Where you live.

Postby N law » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:19 pm

We had a nice stiff breeze this weekend. Perfect camping weather. This evening I started to mow and got stopped by a 5 minute sprinkle. Had to wait it out in the garage before I could finish.

Hurricanes rarely affect us in Tennessee. I’m just saying. Hope everyone weather the storm alright! I hope that guy on the boat didn’t have to swim...
99 VX
96 Rodeo Build thread
1975 FJ40
1990 Jeep Cherokee
69 Beetle
84 Westfalia
70 VW bus turned camper
07 Frontier V6 6 speed
1999 4Runner Limited
2018 4Runner Limited- wife's
2004 Genuine Stella Scooter
2018 GMC Sierra

For this post the author N law was thanked by:
DSUZU
N law
Almost Joe Isuzu

Have thanks: 82 times

Sponsor

Postby DSUZU » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:58 am

N law wrote: I hope that guy on the boat didn’t have to swim...

Before it hit, one news channel interviewed a couple ON AN ISLAND who said "everything we have is here. we have a strong basement and a generator that will automatically come on if the power goes out" Waiting to see if there is a followup (or obituary) on them. One of the last hurricanes here, some beach dwellers said they were going to "ride it out" The local Sheriff said "If you do, you are on your own. I'm not putting my people at risk to help you. Amazing how these things bring out the "stupid" in some people. Dennis
1991 LS Trooper 2.8 V6 5 speed conversion (Sold)
1989 LS Spacecab 2.6 5 speed 4x4 manual hubs, Rodeo torsion bars, extended shackles, 2" lift, K&N air filter (drop in), dump bed conversion, burgundy interior change, warn brush bar. Engine is bored .020 oversize and upgraded to 1994 pistons, head and EFI system.
Previously owned: 1987 Trooper II LS, 1989 Trooper (parts only), 1994 Trooper 3.2 Auto, 1997 Rodeo 2.6 5 speed, 1993 shortbed pickup 2.3 (project - sold) 1992 Rodeo 4x4 LS (parts car, devoured by Spacecab needs) plus some 70 plus other non Isuzu vehicles over the years. 1994 Amigo devoured to provide head and EFI system.
Heavily damaged by engine compartment fire while driving on March 24th 2018, condemned by insurance company and taken on March 30th 2018 :cry:.

https://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=64060
City of St Petersburg (Fl) Fleet Maintenance 8/23/83 - 12/4/2018 (Retired). Started new job 6/4/2019. Was retired, now just tired.

If your wife has 5.00, and you have 20.00, your wife has...25.00

"Water is one of the greatest essentials of life. Without water, you can't make coffee."

Forget the "free education". Why waste time. Just give me the "FREE INCOME".
DSUZU
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 976 times

Postby Pluffmud » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:23 am

DSUZU wrote:Amazing how these things bring out the "stupid" in some people. Dennis

Boy, that is the truth. Ever since I rode out Hugo in '89 I have had an evacuation kit. Didn't have much of a choice for Hugo - Mom wouldn't leave her house so it was either abandon her or ride it out.

Material possessions are worthless if you are dead.
2001 Rodeo Sport Hardtop; 3.2 V6, 2WD. 227,000 - Mr. Reliable.
2007 Mini Cooper, 114,000 - go cart.
Pluffmud
Loyal P'up

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby DSUZU » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:42 pm

I remember Hugo. My kid brother does tree work. He got a call from one of his customers "Get up here!". He looked into it and rounded up his guys. Before they left, they cleaned out the back of the truck, and went to bread stores and they took up as much bread as they could get and passed it out to shelters and those in need. Ended up making several trips back and forth.
Myself, up to now I have been restricted because of being "critical need personnel". In weeks when (if) retirement happens. I'll have a serious "go bag" ready for next season.
1991 LS Trooper 2.8 V6 5 speed conversion (Sold)
1989 LS Spacecab 2.6 5 speed 4x4 manual hubs, Rodeo torsion bars, extended shackles, 2" lift, K&N air filter (drop in), dump bed conversion, burgundy interior change, warn brush bar. Engine is bored .020 oversize and upgraded to 1994 pistons, head and EFI system.
Previously owned: 1987 Trooper II LS, 1989 Trooper (parts only), 1994 Trooper 3.2 Auto, 1997 Rodeo 2.6 5 speed, 1993 shortbed pickup 2.3 (project - sold) 1992 Rodeo 4x4 LS (parts car, devoured by Spacecab needs) plus some 70 plus other non Isuzu vehicles over the years. 1994 Amigo devoured to provide head and EFI system.
Heavily damaged by engine compartment fire while driving on March 24th 2018, condemned by insurance company and taken on March 30th 2018 :cry:.

https://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=64060
City of St Petersburg (Fl) Fleet Maintenance 8/23/83 - 12/4/2018 (Retired). Started new job 6/4/2019. Was retired, now just tired.

If your wife has 5.00, and you have 20.00, your wife has...25.00

"Water is one of the greatest essentials of life. Without water, you can't make coffee."

Forget the "free education". Why waste time. Just give me the "FREE INCOME".
DSUZU
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 976 times

Postby Pluffmud » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:20 am

DSUZU wrote:I remember Hugo. My kid brother does tree work. He got a call from one of his customers "Get up here!". He looked into it and rounded up his guys. Before they left, they cleaned out the back of the truck, and went to bread stores and they took up as much bread as they could get and passed it out to shelters and those in need. Ended up making several trips back and forth.
Myself, up to now I have been restricted because of being "critical need personnel". In weeks when (if) retirement happens. I'll have a serious "go bag" ready for next season.

People came from everywhere to help out after Hugo - it was amazing, I'll never forget them.
Of course we also got our share of shyster "contractors" and price gougers - scum, I won't forget them either.

As for retirement, don't bother - I've tried 3 times - only so much yardwork and yelling at the TV a man can handle. :mrgreen: :!:
2001 Rodeo Sport Hardtop; 3.2 V6, 2WD. 227,000 - Mr. Reliable.
2007 Mini Cooper, 114,000 - go cart.
Pluffmud
Loyal P'up

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby Skeletor » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:03 pm

RickP wrote:Walmart and a small Home Depot are 15 minutes away for me. Murfreesboro is 30 minutes away and has everything I'd ever need as far as stores and restaurants go. I looked at North Florida before I left and know exactly what you mean about the deliverance thing. Unfortunately, my neighbor has a bunch of vehicles and equipment, but they are good people.

that's a good area....I live in Memphis.....my house is in Cooper-Young....I'm retired now..after 30 yrs at FEDEX.....I am thinking of selling,
and going back home to Ann Arbor..(A2) TN has no state income tax......but Memphis, has high property taxes....and high sales tax of 9.5%

oh well...one way or another..the tax man gets his taste...
1990 Trooper V6 (sold) 1991 Trooper LS V6, (sold) 1990 Trooper V6, 2006 Pontiac Solstice,(sold) 1966 MG Midget, 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT
Skeletor
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 47 times

Postby Skeletor » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:41 pm

Skeletor wrote:
RickP wrote:Walmart and a small Home Depot are 15 minutes away for me. Murfreesboro is 30 minutes away and has everything I'd ever need as far as stores and restaurants go. I looked at North Florida before I left and know exactly what you mean about the deliverance thing. Unfortunately, my neighbor has a bunch of vehicles and equipment, but they are good people.

that's a good area....I live in Memphis.....my house is in Cooper-Young....I'm retired now..after 30 yrs at FEDEX.....I am thinking of selling,
and going back home to Ann Arbor..(A2) TN has no state income tax......but Memphis, has high property taxes....and high sales tax of 9.5%

oh well...one way or another..the tax man gets his taste...

just spent some time out west...in both Wyoming and Montana....drove the Trooper out there...and overall, it was a good ride, and the roads were in pretty good shape...as much as I loved Denver, it's getting quite too crowded, due to the ongoing and rapid growth...and it's gonna cost an arm & an leg to live out there..
But I also enjoyed Big sky country....and the winters, certainly would not bother me...as I grew up in Michigan...and am used to weeks of sub arctic weather, with massive snow falls..People out in both Wyoming & Montana, fend for themselves, and well..and remind me of true patriots...

like I stated earlier, I live in Memphis..which is slowly coming back, after decades of downward spiral...lots of potential here...but not as crowded as Nashville...or NASH-VEGAS, as we like to refer to them...LOL....Being retired has it's ups and downs, and certainly perks...and I'm glad I was able to cross that finish line...as some of my friends, did not...passing away, far too early...Where I'll end up..is still up for debate...but if I had to play out the string, and eventually croak in Memphis, i WOULD not be disappointed ....
1990 Trooper V6 (sold) 1991 Trooper LS V6, (sold) 1990 Trooper V6, 2006 Pontiac Solstice,(sold) 1966 MG Midget, 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT
Skeletor
Zu Royalty

Postby Skeletor » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:08 pm

itsmehb wrote:I like this part of Texas

LOL...great sign.....damn, I bet it gets some lively discussions......
Skeletor
Zu Royalty

Postby JoeIsuzu » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:46 am

Skeletor wrote:...after 30 yrs at FEDEX.....

Wow, I just noticed this. I did 30 there as well. "22182". Hope you got in on one of the buyouts. I took the package in 2013. It couldn't have come at a better time, I was SO ready to go somewhere else.

Jack
Original owner, 1983 Isuzu P'up LS Diesel. Engine overhauled by JLEMOND. Ready for new paint now!
1994 Isuzu Amigo 2wd
IsuzuPup.com
"There are no dumb questions"?! Maybe not...
but there are smart ways to ask. Old, but classic:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
JoeIsuzu
Almost Joe Isuzu

Have thanks: 117 times

Previous