Isuzu SUV Forum banner

putting up the flag.....because I can (video)

15K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  itsmehb 
#1 ·
check it out, enjoy

Hello all, it has been a sad year in the Isuzoo world, we have lost friends and loved ones...I raise my glass and say "cheers"
I sip and pour one for them....

thanks to all that have served

See less See more
1 1
#6 ·
#8 ·
Chitzu said:
I've had this little memorial in my yard for years,I call it "Lest we forget". Is a WW2 helmet on a fake rifle, 2 uncles went thru 4377 in ww 2.
Unfortunately too many, I think, have already forgotten. That it became land of the free, because it was already the home of the brave. Nice reminder!

#9 ·
***BUMP****
and to add this

Roughly 1,264,000 American soldiers have died in the nation's wars, defending what their hearts believed

~620,000 in the Civil War (23,000 in 1 day of fighting at the Battle of Antietam in 1862) the emotions ran deep during my visit there

and 644,000 in all other conflicts since the civil war defending our home land and our beliefs

It was only as recently as the Vietnam War that the amount of American deaths in foreign wars eclipsed the number who died in the Civil War

Here's to all that have served their Country in Military and Civilian capacities; Thank you and I will see my friends at Fiddlers Green

#10 ·
squatch said:
Well said! Brought tears to my eyes. :oops:

Mine too, always does. I put up my flag yesterday too. my respect for our flag came years ago, taught to me in boot camp, by a WW2 vet who was my drill instructor. Thanks, Bansil

#11 ·
itsmehb said:
squatch said:
Well said! Brought tears to my eyes. :oops:

Mine too, always does. I put up my flag yesterday too. my respect for our flag came years ago, taught to me in boot camp, by a WW2 vet who was my drill instructor. Thanks, Bansil
MY FEELINGS ALL SO, BIG FLAG ON THE FRT CORNER OF MY HOUSE , FIRST THING YOU SEE AS YOU TURN AND START UP MY DRIVE WAY, THE BIG RED , WHITE AND BLUE

#12 ·
The semi yearly bump....be proud fellow Americans

#13 ·
:salute: I updated OP and m heart is heav today...the 4th of July..OUR Independence Day...I am still proud of our Lady and GREAT country

Everything in bold in OP was todays update...

I salute and give thanks

#14 ·
Bansil said:
:salute: I updated OP and m heart is heav today...the 4th of July..OUR Independence Day...I am still proud of our Lady and GREAT country

I salute and give thanks
Time for a bump on this post. I went out and put up our flag today, and am so thankful I am spending my life in a country with all the freedoms we enjoy.

#15 ·
itsmehb said:
Bansil said:

I salute and give thanks
Time for a bump on this post. I went out and put up our flag today, and am so thankful I am spending my life in a country with all the freedoms we enjoy.
YEP, AND MY FLAG/OOPS, OUR COUNTRY S FLAG IS STILL ON THE FRT CORNER OF MY HOUSE .

#16 ·
Another bump on this post. Put up our flag again this memorial day and I will till I no longer can. And here's a link to an old ww2 country song some might enjoy.

#17 ·
itsmehb said:
Another bump on this post. Put up our flag again this memorial day and I will till I no longer can. And here's a link to an old ww2 country song some might enjoy.

[/quote

Not one comment. Don't take what we have for granted. There are many young people out there demonstrating over the recent police killing, and rightfully so, but burning our flag isn't the answer.

Reactions: gruff54
#19 ·
wmorrisiii said:
Mines up 24-7 365 days a year. Has been for years. Down only for cleaning or replacement.
MY FLAG IS STILL UP ON THE FRT CORNER OF MY HOUSE 24 HRS A DAY, IT WAVES IN THE WIND , JUST HOPE THE BLEEDING HEART LIB,S DONT TRY AND R EMOVE IT OR THEY WILL NEVER MAKE BACK DOWN THE DRIVE WAY TO THE ROAD . JUST LOST MY LAST UNCLE FROM THE NORMANDY LANDING MANY YEARS AGO , WHERE HE WAS BADLY WOUNDED . LAST SOLDIER IN THE FAMILY. AND WHEN HE GOT ALL WELL AND FIXED UP. WAS SENT HOME FOR FULL RECOVERY, HE WENT RIGHT BACK IN AND WAS IN THE KOREAN CONFLICT, CAME HOME WITH A PURPLE HEART , WHICH WE ARE STILL TRYING TO LOCATE .

#20 ·
Hey Jerry, since we got shut down for spring URE, Blaine and I will be following each other done in Nov for fall URE. I need my Jerry, Von and Leland fix and am really hoping our good friend Mario will be up to joining us. With Cov19, been working too much and haven't been staying in very good touch. Hope that changes soon.

Hope everyone is well!

Talk soon, Willie

#21 ·
wmorrisiii said:
Hey Jerry, since we got shut down for spring URE, Blaine and I will be following each other done in Nov for fall URE. I need my Jerry, Von and Leland fix and am really hoping our good friend Mario will be up to joining us. With Cov19, been working too much and haven't been staying in very good touch. Hope that changes soon.

Hope everyone is well!

Talk soon, Willie
HI WILLIE , BEEN TALKING TO LELAND AND BILLIE RICE , LELAND IS WORKING FROM HOME RIGHT NOW AND HAS BEEN SINCE MARCH , AN D SO FAR WE HAVE DODGED THE BULLET, BUT THIS COUNTY IS GETTING HIT HARD , LOT S OF SICK FOLKS , WE ARE STAYING CLOSE TO HOME , ABOUT T HE ONLY TIME I GO OUT IS FOR GAS AND OR DIESEL, AND TO THE P.O PLEASE EVERYONE WHO GOES OUT SIDE AWAY FROM HOME , WEAR A MASK AND GLOVES AND KEEP YOU HANDS WASHED , THIS MESS ISNT A JOKE AND IT ISNT OVER YET , CONTRARY TO WHAT YOU MAY HEAR THE HOSPITALS ARE FULL OF COVID 19 PEOPLE, TAKE CARE AND SEE YA IN URE EVERY ONE JERRY .

#23 ·
Bumping this up again this Memorial Day. There's only 2 flags flying on our street this year. Think that's sad.
MY THANKS TO ALL WHO SERVED

#24 ·
Bumping this up again this Memorial Day. There's only 2 flags flying on our street this year. Think that's sad.
MY THANKS TO ALL WHO SERVED

#25 ·
The current administration really isn't doing much to put folks in a "patriotic" mood. What can you say when the V.P. kicks it off by saying "enjoy your long weekend", then having to be reminded that it is a weekend of REMEMBERANCE. :roll: GOD bless our troops, GOD bless and comfort those families that have paid the ultimate sacrifice. Dennis

Reactions: Von
#26 ·
DSUZU said:
The current administration really isn't doing much to put folks in a "patriotic" mood. What can you say when the V.P. kicks it off by saying "enjoy your long weekend", then having to be reminded that it is a weekend of REMEMBERANCE. :roll: GOD bless our troops, GOD bless and comfort those families that have paid the ultimate sacrifice. Dennis
I feel ya Dennis.
I've got a couple of those wall mount flag holders on my garage. I pulled them down in February during that cold spell, got tired of prying frozen flags off the roof... and I was feeling very enthusiastic about much of anything.

I put the Stars and Stripes back up for Memorial Day.. and it felt pretty good. Didn't realize how much I'd been missing it.

My wife got me a telescoping 25' flagpole for Christmas. I still haven't put it up yet.. need to do that.

Reactions: electricpuppyboy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.