Use this forum to test posting messages and pictures before posting on the actual forum. If you are a new user, this is a great place to learn how to post

Moderator: Staff

Postby Cute-boots » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:45 pm

I called isuzupartscenter and had them run my vin for part compatibility. I really like the guys who run that warehouse they know their stuff. Learned that it came from the factory with 4.30 gears. Tire time is approaching once school ends. I found the body lift kits from 4crawler offroad and im gonna order the 1" so i can fit 265/75r16. As far as transmission goes i just hit 40k miles last night. I do a drain and fill every 2-3 months or so. Having one tranny die on me with my first isuzu i kinda make it a point to baby this one. ive read that 265/75 is a good size for these trucks as long as it is within load range c so im not so worried about that setup

Questions:
-would installing a trans cooler be a smart move w/ 265/75? or would it not rly make a difference
-down the road i plan on suspension lift w/ 15in wheels for biggest tire size. would 32x11.5r15 be too much for that gear ratio? i would totes install trans cooler in this setup
-anyone who has kept 4.30 ratio what do yall feel like is too much?

where i live in NC its usually just lots of thick mud some clay every now and then. up high you get the rock trails. guys id have to keep up with have old tacomas with 31s or 32s which eat that ---- up sometimes theres the powerstroke with 35s. i dont rly care for 33s and dont have the cash to regear. these trucks are super capable as they are and im not trying to do a lot. just trying to find the most i can do within the 4.30 range

Im rly sorry if this has been discussed already. ive found a lot of threads from 1st gens but not so much for 2nd gens. If you know of any threads which pretain to this subject post a link to them pls<3
99 Black Passport LS-rip tranny :angel4: , First car!
04 Clipper Blue Rodeo S :brilsmurf: , 4spd, 3.2, daily driver- stock everything :? , 265/70/16 Wrangler Fortitude HT
https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/8N2WYF
Cute-boots
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 1 time

Sponsor

Re: 4.30

Postby Cute-boots » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:42 pm

Cute-boots wrote:I called isuzupartscenter and had them run my vin for part compatibility. I really like the guys who run that warehouse they know their stuff. Learned that it came from the factory with 4.30 gears. Tire time is approaching once school ends. I found the body lift kits from 4crawler offroad and im gonna order the 1" so i can fit 265/75r16. As far as transmission goes i just hit 40k miles last night. I do a drain and fill every 2-3 months or so. Having one tranny die on me with my first isuzu i kinda make it a point to baby this one. ive read that 265/75 is a good size for these trucks as long as it is within load range c so im not so worried about that setup

Questions:
-would installing a trans cooler be a smart move w/ 265/75? or would it not rly make a difference
-down the road i plan on suspension lift w/ 15in wheels for biggest tire size. would 32x11.5r15 be too much for that gear ratio? i would totes install trans cooler in this setup
-anyone who has kept 4.30 ratio what do yall feel like is too much?

where i live in NC its usually just lots of thick mud some clay every now and then. up high you get the rock trails. guys id have to keep up with have old tacomas with 31s or 32s which eat that ---- up sometimes theres the powerstroke with 35s. i dont rly care for 33s and dont have the cash to regear. these trucks are super capable as they are and im not trying to do a lot. just trying to find the most i can do within the 4.30 range

Im rly sorry if this has been discussed already. ive found a lot of threads from 1st gens but not so much for 2nd gens. If you know of any threads which pretain to this subject post a link to them pls<3

practice reply
99 Black Passport LS-rip tranny :angel4: , First car!
04 Clipper Blue Rodeo S :brilsmurf: , 4spd, 3.2, daily driver- stock everything :? , 265/70/16 Wrangler Fortitude HT
https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/8N2WYF
Cute-boots
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 1 time