Isuzu SUV Forum banner

1998 isuzu trooper no run issues

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  oldguy 
#1 ·
HI GUYS...been a member here for awhile, never posted much, never had a real reason too.....got one now...I just replaced the EGR and MAF,(I got 4.99V on the low side, NOW) had the codes(401,101,101pd) for awhile, ignored them as non critical....cleaning them is ok, but i'm an R&R guy....just to be safe(its the wife's vehicle)
so now....it wont start without pumping the pedal....wont stay running without holding the pedal down....soon as you let off it dies....I know there is a diode in the alternator that talks to the ECM....I also know it could be a fuel regulator...or heaven forbid....the fuel pump...
I don't have a lot of tech gear(pressure testers, etc.)it doesn't have codes now because I was smart enough to disconnect the battery before I did the elect work :cry: ....can anybody point me to a thread that covers this? its been a week now, and the wife aint too happy drivin my truck... :lol:

1998 Isuzu trooper
142 k miles
4wd
second owner

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.