Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Tech 1 series a scanner

878 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Shawn Anthony 
#1 ·
I have a 97 isuzu rodeo 2.6l. what cartridges do I need specifically the cartridge and part numbers. I just bought one off eBay it did not come with the cartridges

#2 ·
I haven't seen a Vetronix Tech 1 tool in over 20 years. Buying this system is like buying a ColecoVision instead of a PlayStation5. Why did you purchase such a old outdated and primitive tool for, Nostalgia? I would quit before you get to deep into this system. It was not very good back in the day & its just about useless now. Currently there is a endless amount of modern fully featured tools that are far far far far far better & much much much more advance than a prehistoric Tech 1 tool.

With that said:
If you must this is what you will need...ready here we go.

1, For your engine will need a cartridge for Isuzu Motors. If this cartridge does not exist you will need a cartridge for Asian Vehicle.
2, For transmission you will need the GM Transmission cartridge
3, For ABS you will need a Bendix cartridge.
4, For your BCM (if equipped) you will need a cartridge for GM Vehicle

There no way I can remember the part numbers on a obsolete system that hasn't been used in 20+ years. I doubt anyone else here has ever used one. Dam, I feel old now. Luckily the cartridges you need will be labeled on the cartridge itself, no part number required. Before you purchase you will also need to see which tech system you bought. Tech 1A is not compatible with 1B & 1C. but 1C is compatible will all.

#4 ·
While I didn't have any personal experience with Vetronix, I agree with Shawn (with exception of the transmission module, 2.6 Rodeos ONLY came with the 5 speed manual). There are a number of inexpensive diagnostic OBDII plug in scanners that will fill your needs. Autozone has one for around 50.00. Dennis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.