Isuzu SUV Forum banner

ABS Warning Light - 2002 Rodeo

7K views 30 replies 5 participants last post by  Buster28 
#1 ·
My 2002 Rodeo (V6 engine) has about 162K miles. I replaced the front brake pads and rear brake shoes and wheel cylinders a little over two years ago. I also flushed the entire brake system with fresh brake fluid. The fluid level in the brake cylinder reservoir has only dropped slightly, which I attribute to wear on the pads and shoes. The brakes feel solid although my wife and I both drive conservatively.

About a year or so ago, the ABS warning light started coming on sporadically. It usually went out during the next starting cycle. Recently, it has been on every time I drive the car. No other warning lights are on and the brakes still feel solid although I have not tried them on a hard stop.

Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David

#28 ·
To recap, I replaced the passenger side front wheel hub with the integrated ABS sensor based on the codes I downloaded from the ABS warning light system. However, the ABS warning light was still on after driving the vehicle with the new wheel hub. I tried to read any new codes for the ABS warning, but there were no codes. I have not checked the C4 connector as suggested since this is a low priority issue for me.

However, yesterday I tried to use my bluetooth OBD dongle to check the engine coolant and charging system with DashCommand on my iPhone. It looks like the OBD port is no longer active. This may be why I could not get any response from the ABS when I used a jumper across terminals 4 and 12 on the OBD port. Could I have shorted something and maybe blown a fuse when I was trying to get the ABS codes?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.