Isuzu SUV Forum banner

What have you done to your isuzu this week?

617K views 4K replies 588 participants last post by  Enemigo 
#1 ·
I've seen this on other forums and thought it was a good idea. Just a place to put all your zu related projects you get completed (big or small).

I'll start..

I bled my brakes and my clutch. I also replaced a spring in my seat that my fat *** broke.

So, what have you guys done this week?

#3,930 ·
giusedtobe said:
Right rear corner on mine was boxed in when I got it so got around to fixing it. First attempt at body work.
Night & Day difference... Well done!

#3,931 ·
6079smithw said:
giusedtobe said:
Right rear corner on mine was boxed in when I got it so got around to fixing it. First attempt at body work.
Night & Day difference... Well done!
Thanks! Pretty pleased with it for my first attempt at body work. Night have to try the big back door now. Typical dent due to the spare. Can't even tell its dented with the spare on it.

#3,932 ·
Looked at my Trooper. Would love to wrench on it during my short time home, but other projects take priority. Unfortunately if it's not pulling wire or hanging sheetrock, it won't get done this time around. And since the Trooper can't haul sheetrock in it's current state, it will keep sitting.

#3,933 · (Edited by Moderator)
DSCN6949.JPG
[highlight=#ff80ff][/highlight]
This week was no exception for working on my 95 Zu Pickup. Fixed wipers, located and working on replacing turn signal and flasher relays, installed ne subwoofer and changed speaker locations. Busy week on the Zu, but then that's one of the highlight's and beauty of it all, it definitely keeps me busy. :flower:

Attachments

#3,934 ·
Broke a CV messing around on a totally optional obstacle on Metal Masher in Moab. Repaired in camp, then did all of Hell's Revenge, but a 1992 Subaru Legacy wagon did all the same obstacles as I did, including Devil's Bathtub. The next day we were tooling around on the flat parts of Kane Creek and the rear sway bar snapped and the coil spring fell out. That wasn't even messing around or being silly. Pretty successful trip otherwise.

#3,936 ·
I have a little under a week with my new Trooper. I cleaned the engine bay and the under carriage with a pressure washer. Installed G power NGK spark plugs, and Denso cables. Did an interior clean, checked all fuses. Going to do an oil change next. I also changed the speed sensor, but I need to change the gear since my speedo doesn't work.

#3,937 ·
Bought super bright LED back up lights for the Trooper. They aren't so bright to compare to mounting a light bar in the back, but they are certainly brighter than factory. I don't have tinted windows, but I'd say that if I had dark tinted windows this would be more helpful in the city for parking, but it's not going to light up a dark trail the way headlights would. For $16 and next day delivery, worth it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GTL2Z2J?ps ... asin_title

LED on left and factory on right.

#3,939 ·
Depending on the dent, sometimes an inner tube stuffed inside and then inflated can pop out hard to get to dents. Dennis

Reactions: Enemigo
#3,942 ·
Wow awesome idea. I have one small dent in the hood and the one on the back door and this might work on both.

On a different note I hope I finally fixed my oily accelerator foot problem once and for all. Like a dope I changed the speedo housing o-ring last go around and did not know there was another 0-ring the driven gear went through. This made perfect sense but I did not notice it until I looked at an exploded view of the trans after getting major oily foot driving after I had already "fixed" it. :x Hopefully this time I really did fix it. Lol

Only ruined one pair of shoes so far, but they were my favorite!

#3,943 ·
djangofly said:
Giusedtobe, great work on the body and bumper, far better than mine above!

With respect to the back door dent I also have, I am considering trying to gently pry it with a 2x4 using the bracket as a leverage point. Let me know if you think of a better way other than a dent puller!

Dan
Thanks for compliment but I don't know man.........paint covers a lot of sins! Yours being chrome was always going to show more faults. I still want to replace it if I can find a straight one. For the beater it is, my repair is more than adequate but the perfectionist in me(the fool that likes to spend $ on things that depreciate) wants a straight one.

Regards,
Alan

#3,945 ·
Summer weather etc. bringing the Phone Zombies/Daydreamers/Birdwatchers back to pre-COVID levels which
prompted me to do a horn upgrade on my '94 Trooper. Installed a set of Hella 7424801s from a long-departed Travelall
which made a world of difference. Started to adjust the handbrake but began to get way hot in the driveway.

Tomorrow's another day.

#3,946 ·
Went for a sunday stroll down the access road and found a culvert got half washed out on me. Found out the hard way and definitely thought we were going over until the bumper finally slid into a hard part on the other side.. :rolleyes:

My neighbor that was with me after nearly crapping his pants and climbing out the drivers door laughed his butt off and texted the neighborhood chat "honey I won't be home for supper"

Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

It's been a minute since I have been behind there so I didn't realize the tree on the passenger side hill was gone with the washed out hillside/culvert.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

"where the F did that come from??"

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Anyway after adrenaline calmed down and ignored about 5 phone calls we pulled winch and got it right out without further incident.. didn't have my tree saver strap with me but it is what it is..

Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Car Hood

Winch pulled her back up from where she slid down, and was able to reverse out just fine. Whew!

#3,947 ·
I bet the Pepsi can on the dash didn't even turn over.

Finally posting something on here, been gone for a while.
Put all new rear brakes on the Trooper. They just don't make things that last anymore. Got to put rotors and calipers on every 33 years.

• Haha
Reactions: Ruination
#3,949 ·
That brings back some SCARY memories from my old 'Yota wheeling days. The Withlacoochee State Forest has some interesting trails. We were climbing an embankment to the old abandoned railroad berm. About halfway up, the tires broke loose and the ruck starts sliding backwards. Then it skids to one side and almost flips (quick cut of the wheel and off the brakes and let her roll backwards).
Later, we were driving down the top of the berm in about 3 feet of grass / weeds. I stopped for a propaganda picture, and when I went down the berm for the shoot, I saw that we were about 50 feet from a drop off where a trestle had been. Drove much more carefully after that. Dennis

#3,952 ·
I just bought a 99 trooper.. Just today I finished pulling out the engine So I can send it out to get rebuilt.. The transmission is coming out by the end of the week And it too will be rebuilt.. During that time I will also reseal the differential And change out all the ball joints. My plan is to have this rig up and going by the end of the month.