Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 trooper 3.2 with 4l30e. Trans went out years ago and took it and rebuild kit to a reputable shop and they rebuilt it and could never get it to build pressure correctly so they gave up after $2500 or more. So I look on Craigslist and found a rebuilt transmission that a guy was going to use but motor blew. Had new seals everywhere so it did look like it was rebuilt and they guy had a nice shop. Put it in this weekend and it’s doing something I have never seen before. Goes in reverse strong no slipping. While in D it only moves slightly when revved way up. 3 nothing. 2 just like it should no slipping. L nothing. Switched the gear selector from old trans still the same. Winter mode has no effect. I’m lost. Couldn’t find anything like this on the site.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok. 2nd seems fine so that eliminates the brake band. What would you check first with the symptoms I described above? Does it sound like it’s more something in the valve body? Don’t want to drop trans again. I will probably sell it before that. Only got 118,000

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.