Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a 93 spacecab base model 2.6L 5spd w/AC. hit in front, frame has one hole in the back that is repairable. anyway im going to fix the cab in the front where its hit

sold the bed to another NJ member.....so i have a cab on a frame with a bad back section and a long bed frame section that would weld just in front of where its rotted....problem solved....and the result with help of MS PAINT (used my other Spacecab i got from Joe D for the model as its a perfect side shot)....and Voila'

yeah its a concept and it will be a few weeks until i finish the spacecab 4x4 is done with the rear axle swap anyway.....but i have what i want for the base truck idea. 10' flatbed that seats 4 :)

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Ron,

Interesting concept. Looks good! I wonder how duallies would look on that. :wink: Keep on bringing us your ideals... it definitely stokes our imaginations!! :D

Leland

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
You have the sickness like no other my friend! Rock on, I can't wait to see it, plus any other crazy idea you come up with! :lol:

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well hell.....i got bit today and decided to get the sawzall out....

this is how i got her.... :(

started in on the inner fender well. drilled out ALL the spot welds:

test fit the used front clip that came with the truck. i have a NEW rad support on order from my brother, should have in a few days

once i get the rad support bolted in, ill make the inners fit properly. kinda work front to firewall as im using used inner parts, and new aftermarket rad support, who knows how well it will mesh. BIG HAMMER and a welder. the passengerside is back about an inch now, not to bad but until i get the rad support, i cant finish the metal "massaging". putting in a V6 radiator from my 3.1L truck (low budget build here) for now. the frame is DONE right under the rear cab mount....its NON-EXISTENT but the rest is fine :? just alittle surface rust, no scaling. longbed frame and alittle 2x4 1/4" wall tubing will fix it all up nice. waiting on a member to show up for the bed.

just threw the fenders on for S&Gs.....

raining tomorrow so i wont get to work on her...this weekend, well its fathers day sunday, so im going to relax and rip the v6 out for Ruination and see if i can get the rims and tires off the RS, all going south on the 24th....anyone need stuff hauled back, im running empty back so far....going down im LOADED full...

More to come!!!
Ron

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
COOL! :happy1:

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Watching.

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ah, its only surface rust on the front. the back is solid except in 2 areas on ONE side...the underside of the body is MINT, bed is clean (was hit at one time). alittle POR15 and you wont be able to tell.... :)

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
update on the nose.

still healing but i got some sheetmetal positioned (not welded yet) so i could see the fitment and make sure it was straight. got a used OEM hood from someone in PA when i got a bed cover for my tacoma. i wanted OEM so i knew it was true and fit properly. i have OEM fenders and aftermarket rad support (ebay).
well heres how she lays:

have to weld up the inner structure and POR15 the frame that has surface rust, not sure if the flat bed will be aluminum or thinner box steel. trying to decide if i can build it strong yet light with steel. its A LOT cheaper and im set up for steel welding. then just use a laminated plywood (think semi trailer walls) and then go over that with some thin gauge aluminum plating (diamond or extruded). bed size should be around 84"x 120" (7x10), maybe 84"x144" but have to see how the wheel base falls with the long bed frame added to the already long bed frame (spacecab share the same wheelbase, im lengthening it about 4')

more to come as i get better

Ron

PS. thinking that lime green and black as a two tone...not sure but i think black on top with the lime green (2007 Dodge Hemi color) sides.... :) dropped on 18s

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.