Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brother owns a body shop so i get about 20-60% off list prices on crash parts and dealer items. i ordered a rad support for the spacecab i just got, now 2 years ago i ordered one and it was 45.00....same shop, same part MY COST 137.00....it TRIPLED in price in 2 years. WTF!!!!!!!!!!! and its chinese made!!!!!

so ive come to the conclusion used parts are worth ALOT more then im selling them for....considering what ive seen today........unreal!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Karma maybe?

Whatever you did in the Your past is catching up with you! Next will be that illegitimate kid wanting money for college. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, that's messed up. Paying a premium for junk parts is ridiculous. Maybe something to do with the declining value of the dollar?

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
idk, im returning it because i found one online for 89.00 delivered. its not a ferrari so im not to concerned about quality too much. ive used them before but a 300% jump in price in 2 years? f that

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
lowzone said:
idk, im returning it because i found one online for 89.00 delivered. its not a ferrari so im not to concerned about quality too much. ive used them before but a 300% jump in price in 2 years? f that
not bad :)

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Cronk said:
Karma maybe?

Whatever you did in the Your past is catching up with you! Next will be that illegitimate kid wanting money for college. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, that's messed up. Paying a premium for junk parts is ridiculous. Maybe something to do with the declining value of the dollar?
Probably more like the fact that Isuzu pulled out of NA.

They, (aftermarket suppliers.), feel like they now have us over a barrel...

·
Registered
677 Posts
Isuzu pulled out so many years ago that the parts suppliers no longer carry the parts in inventory and have to get them overseas. You buy one part and it costs a pile due to shipping. You buy 1000 pieces of the same part and the individual parts cost less. Buy 10,000 and you get them for a fist full of peanuts. Its just how things are done in this wonderful global economy. :pukeright:

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
your lucky you can even get that Cinda part.

stuff like that is just unavailable for the pre 88 pups other than, U-pull ECT

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
johnnie59 said:
Isuzu pulled out so many years ago that the parts suppliers no longer carry the parts in inventory and have to get them overseas. You buy one part and it costs a pile due to shipping. You buy 1000 pieces of the same part and the individual parts cost less. Buy 10,000 and you get them for a fist full of peanuts. Its just how things are done in this wonderful global economy. :pukeright:
That's actually a pretty good explanation.

And you can't blame them, for the high prices. They DO have to pass their cost on to you.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Parts availablity and cost are some of the reasons I'm slowly getting out of Isuzus. Trying to find a ring and pinion last year was a pain in the butt. Needed a throttle body and no new ones in the US at the time. Had to go to a salvage yard. Parts are becoming a real pain to find these days.

·
Registered
677 Posts
When I got the parts to do the brakes on mine, the guy at NAPA told me it was time to buy a new truck due to the lack of parts. Had to go to two different NAPA stores to get the front discs and another for the rear drums.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
lowzone said:
HEY RON, HAVE YOU SOLD ANY SCRAP METAL RECENTLY, TWO YEARS AGO I SOLD ABOUT 4 000 LBS IN ONE LOAD JUST ALL SORTS OF SCRAP, GOT A WHOPPING 210 FOR THE ENTIRE LOAD, 5.20 PER HUNDRED,

JUST SOLD ANOTHER LOAD MIXED SCRAP ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO 1920 LB,S TOTAL , 246. 50 UP ALL MOST TO 11.50 PER HUNDRED , GUESS WHERE IT IS ALL GOING , AND COMING BACK DOUBLED IN PRICE . , AND IT DOESN,T LOOK LIKE IT IS COMING DOWN ANYTIME SOON, A GOOD LOAD OF GOOD CLEAN ALUMINUM BETTER KEEP IT LOCKED UP , OR IT WILL GET STOLEN, JERRY

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Of course you're correct on scrap prices Jerry and locking up aluminum and copper! Rash of thefts here with people going in and stealing the plumbing out of vacant houses for rent and even new construction.
I drive past a scrap yard every day on the way to work. These guys collect literally mountains of scrap from farm equip. to massive industrial machinery (sad sign of the times in itself). You can tell when scrap prices are high. These mountains often continue to grow for months then when prices are high they bust their butts send this stuff out by rail car, the piles shrinking drastically each day.
Back on topic guess I'm not too surprised on the cost jumping as it has Ron, look at the cost of everything else recently. Scary. Girlfriend is looking in to an alternative to her favorite coffee as it recently jumped $3.50-$4.00 a bag.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Airhead rider said:
Of course you're correct on scrap prices Jerry and locking up aluminum and copper! Rash of thefts here with people going in and stealing the plumbing out of vacant houses for rent and even new construction.
I drive past a scrap yard every day on the way to work. These guys collect literally mountains of scrap from farm equip. to massive industrial machinery (sad sign of the times in itself). You can tell when scrap prices are high. These mountains often continue to grow for months then when prices are high they bust their butts send this stuff out by rail car, the piles shrinking drastically each day.
Back on topic guess I'm not too surprised on the cost jumping as it has Ron, look at the cost of everything else recently. Scary. Girlfriend is looking in to an alternative to her favorite coffee as it recently jumped $3.50-$4.00 a bag.
I knew a guy that caught theives in the act of cutting the copper pipes off his ac system on the roof of his store. That was years ago and prices have gone up. I know around the old cities im the midwest theives will strip the aluminum siding off abandoned houses. (or ones with owners on vacation)

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
My Brother N Law (formerly now.... :roll: ) caught some guys stealing the siding off of his parents old house. It was basically a storage unit for the family. He pulled up nonchalant and asked them what they were doing. They said the owner gave them permission to dismantle the thing and get rid of it. Really he asked?, Cause I'm the owner and I don't remember that conversation. You're going to jail as he called the police. They bailed and ran, he pursued. Two pickups in a high speed chase across the county, my brother N law on the cell phone with the 911 operator calling out their location as they went. Cops finally caught up with them and the thieves went to jail. My vigilant brother N law got a scolding by the police. Pretty funny though.

I know a few guys have started stockpiling Isuzu's, they will be the ones to get parts from in the future. Guess we'll all have to have parts cars at some point.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Cronk said:
My Brother N Law (formerly now.... :roll: ) caught some guys stealing the siding off of his parents old house. It was basically a storage unit for the family. He pulled up nonchalant and asked them what they were doing. They said the owner gave them permission to dismantle the thing and get rid of it. Really he asked?, Cause I'm the owner and I don't remember that conversation. You're going to jail as he called the police. They bailed and ran, he pursued. Two pickups in a high speed chase across the county, my brother N law on the cell phone with the 911 operator calling out their location as they went. Cops finally caught up with them and the thieves went to jail. My vigilant brother N law got a scolding by the police. Pretty funny though.

I know a few guys have started stockpiling Isuzu's, they will be the ones to get parts from in the future. Guess we'll all have to have parts cars at some point.
I have my gray truck for parts and one day the blue one will be too...

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
Griz said:
Parts availablity and cost are some of the reasons I'm slowly getting out of Isuzus. Trying to find a ring and pinion last year was a pain in the butt. Needed a throttle body and no new ones in the US at the time. Had to go to a salvage yard. Parts are becoming a real pain to find these days.
This is precisely why I started collecting Troopers. They're too perfect for my situation to have to try and find a replacement. I am determined to keep a couple running at least until I can't drive anymore.

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JLEMOND said:
lowzone said:
HEY RON, HAVE YOU SOLD ANY SCRAP METAL RECENTLY, TWO YEARS AGO I SOLD ABOUT 4 000 LBS IN ONE LOAD JUST ALL SORTS OF SCRAP, GOT A WHOPPING 210 FOR THE ENTIRE LOAD, 5.20 PER HUNDRED,

JUST SOLD ANOTHER LOAD MIXED SCRAP ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO 1920 LB,S TOTAL , 246. 50 UP ALL MOST TO 11.50 PER HUNDRED , GUESS WHERE IT IS ALL GOING , AND COMING BACK DOUBLED IN PRICE . , AND IT DOESN,T LOOK LIKE IT IS COMING DOWN ANYTIME SOON, A GOOD LOAD OF GOOD CLEAN ALUMINUM BETTER KEEP IT LOCKED UP , OR IT WILL GET STOLEN, JERRY
JERRY, I JUST SCRAPPED A 91 4X4 AFTER STRIPPING ANYTHING OF VALUE OFF IT. RUNINATION IS GETTING THE MOTOR AND TRANS (HEAVY) AND I STILL GOT ABOUT 220.00 IN THREE TRIPS TO THE YARD. THE FRONT SUSPENSION AND FRAME CLIP (FROM EBRAKE PIVOT FORWARD) GOT ME 70.00 ALONE. $0.115 PER POUND.

im saving up aluminum now, its sick what its going for. i can get 18-25 PER snowflake rim for scrap....a few guys here have saved them from that fate.... :)

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
another good story is, a recent trip to NC to look at buying some foreclosed housing (HUD houses) for rentals, once the HUD stickers went on the doors, thieves were going around stealing the AC condensors and heat pumps out of the houses. 4 out of 5 houses i looked at were stripped. 5k systems, atleast but the 100k housing was going cheap. ended up buying land instead :)

scrap isnt crap (shirts on the workers at the recycling center)

trooper T/diesel said:
your lucky you can even get that Cinda part.

stuff like that is just unavailable for the pre 88 pups other than, U-pull ECT
look on ebay, 81-87 fenders are still available. seen front bumpers 86-87 style with the cut outs too (i use to be heavily into the 81-87 style). a guy in Mass has one long bed and short bed sides OEM for 150 each....and trooper 1/4s 1st gen stuff

1 - 19 of 19 Posts