Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cruising down the highway earlier and 3 things happened. The Gas and Brake lights on my dash came on, and my heater blower died.. However I have checked fuses and they seem good.. that and no fuse is listed that would do those three things, the Rodeo is running normally... I disconnected the battery to see what would happen, both lights came right back on..

eh?

93 rodeo v6

·
Registered
949 Posts
vanduker said:
I'd suspect a failing alternator and/or bad ground or bad connection/wiring from alternator to battery.
agreed

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
grr... I miss my nice big silverado 454.. it was so easy to work on.. whoever decided it would be a good idea to stuff an alternator down there is a douche ... might not help that Im still recovering from surgeries on both hands lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the alternator died today, just barely made it back home. Guess I know what my plans for this weekend are.

·
Registered
949 Posts
werewolfv2 said:
grr... I miss my nice big silverado 454.. it was so easy to work on.. whoever decided it would be a good idea to stuff an alternator down there is a douche ... might not help that Im still recovering from surgeries on both hands lol
Yeah I was born and raised Chevy.. Ohh I miss those pre-emission motors. I would really like to convert to carb and get rid of all that sensor crap.

·
Registered
949 Posts
bradzuzu said:
If its a Chevy motor it could be partially do to the oil pressure sender out by the oil filter..
could you elaborate why?

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
When I was helping a friend on his 3.1, he had posted that his heater blower quit....The guys came back saying check the oil pressure sender and sure enough it was busted !!! The heater motor grounds through it. Really really strange and dumb... Not sure how many other things tripped on because of lack of ground.

·
Registered
949 Posts
bradzuzu said:
When I was helping a friend on his 3.1, he had posted that his heater blower quit....The guys came back saying check the oil pressure sender and sure enough it was busted !!! The heater motor grounds through it. Really really strange and dumb... Not sure how many other things tripped on because of lack of ground.
oh, I didn't know... weird.. that is strange, I mean, the firewall is right there... haha I know old gm, not the new :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts