Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my trooper has one single broken part on it, me and my dad cannot find it in a junkyard to save our lives.

Its the intake tube on a 1988 Isuzu trooper, 2.6 fuel-injected. its the plastic piece that goes across the engine, my old one cracked because the engine fell off the engine stand :shock: if anyone has one to spare, shipping is to 36521.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
thebigbread said:
Well my trooper has one single broken part on it, me and my dad cannot find it in a junkyard to save our lives.

Its the intake tube on a 1988 Isuzu trooper, 2.6 fuel-injected. its the plastic piece that goes across the engine, my old one cracked because the engine fell off the engine stand :shock: if anyone has one to spare, shipping is to 36521.
Fix the one you have.

How badly is it damaged ?

Pics ?

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
johnnyfive has some. PM him. I got a nice used one from him last month.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Selador said:
thebigbread said:

Fix the one you have.

How badly is it damaged ?

Pics ?
Its got a pinky sized hole. I don't have access to it cause its at my dads in Alabama and I live in Louisiana.

I was trying to get some pics but no luck.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
thebigbread said:
Its got a pinky sized hole. I don't have access to it cause its at my dads in Alabama and I live in Louisiana.

I was trying to get some pics but no luck.
Tell your dad to go to Lowes.

*Get some 80 grit sandpaper.

**Some AMAZING GOOP. (Not the hand cleaner. It's a glue. In a purple tube. He'll most likely find it in the paint section.)

***And one of those blue bags they always have up front for 99 cents. It's a cloth bag, with Lowes logo on it. Yeah, one of those 'shopping bags', that the greenies are touting as a replacement for plastic and paper bags.

1.) Now, use the sand paper in a moderately large area around the pinky sized hole in the tube. Rough the plastic up pretty good. Wipe it down afterward with rubbing alcohol, to clean it up.

2.) That bag I was talking about before, has a piece of black plastic in the bottom of it.

Take that plastic out, and cut a piece out of it. Maybe three inches square.

Use the sandpaper on one side of the piece you just cut out. Clean it with the alcohol as well.

3.) When everything is dry, smear some of the AMAZING GOOP around the pinky sized hole on the tube.

Press the sanded side of your plastic patch, onto that smeared GOOP.

Now use some wire or something, to really squeeze that patch tight against the tube, and hold it there at least overnight.

~~~~~~~

If you want the patch to last longer, once that is cured...

Lightly sand over the top of what you have already patched, And apply another, larger patch, using the same method as the first.

Or, just smear another coat of the GOOP over all of the previous patched area, and the patch. Maybe 1/8" thick.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
It ain't worth it! get another pipe!!! A previous owner did that to Blackie and I wound-up the pulling plenum, intake and fuel rail off and cleaning a busted up chunk of plastic goo out of them!!!

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
sassee said:
It ain't worth it! get another pipe!!! A previous owner did that to Blackie and I wound-up the pulling plenum, intake and fuel rail off and cleaning a busted up chunk of plastic goo out of them!!!
So your DPO did a bad job of it.

That doesn't make it not worth a try.

If done right, it'll work, and it'll last. Mine was done by some PO well before the guy I bought it from, and is still working just fine.

But the fact that it could go wrong is definitely there. Gotta do it right.

In fact, a pinky sized hole could be plugged with a bolt, a couple washers, a couple rubber washers, and some nuts. Not much to go wrong with that.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This ain't no permanent fix, just something quick and dirty to at least get the trooper to my house until I can find a good pipe.

Ill suggest that to him, he's a diesel mechanic so chances are he probably has it on his truck.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
thebigbread said:
This ain't no permanent fix, just something quick and dirty to at least get the trooper to my house until I can find a good pipe.

Ill suggest that to him, he's a diesel mechanic so chances are he probably has it on his truck.
Gorilla tape will do that.

Holds/seals better, and lasts longer than duct tape.

And it'll last a lot longer than just a trip to get it to your place.

Still want to clean the tube pretty good, before you tape it.

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
i have a 89 RS 2.6L im parting in ONE WEEK, did you still need the part????
Ron
NJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.