Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for two of these clips that mount to the end of the roof rack, missing the front two for my rack. Dont know if its a stock rack or not so I am throwing the pic here for reference.

Just the end pieces.

Also any info if its stock or not would be helpful or resources to find parts for the rack would be great.

Ian

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one knows where to find these? Not even what kind of rack mount it is?

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Ian1006 said:
No one knows where to find these? Not even what kind of rack mount it is?
It might help if you said what vehicle.

Based on how they look, I'm guessing second gen rodeo?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 97 Honda Passport

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump, am going to install it this weekend and would just like some direction on where to look!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Throwing the rack on today, still missing two clips if anyone has any leads!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since I am still looking for these to hold the back half of my roof rack on, thought I would bump this thread back from the dead.

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
definately not a stock US rack on the 97 Rodeos. the 97 have the bolts going through the triangular shaped mounts. that one is flat. cant help sorry...

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a Passport not a Rodeo. I have seen this exact rack on other Passports as well, just cant find the stupid clips!

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Ian1006 said:
I have a Passport not a Rodeo. I have seen this exact rack on other Passports as well, just cant find the stupid clips!
well Honda just offered different interior materials,option packages and threw their badges on Rodeos. besides that, the exterior is physically identical to a Rodeo. it looks aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lowzone said:
Ian1006 said:
well Honda just offered different interior materials,option packages and threw their badges on Rodeos. besides that, the exterior is physically identical to a Rodeo. it looks aftermarket.
Like maybe some Honda dealers put them on themselves? The holes are through the roof but look attached to the metal, like the sleeves that the screws go into that hold the rack on they are fully attached to the roof. Its a mystery and I cant find any info on this rack and I have been looking for so long.

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Ian1006 said:
lowzone said:
Ian1006 said:
Like maybe some Honda dealers put them on themselves? The holes are through the roof but look attached to the metal, like the sleeves that the screws go into that hold the rack on they are fully attached to the roof. Its a mystery and I cant find any info on this rack and I have been looking for so long.
the mounts on the roof are called BLIND nuts. they are rivets with a nut on the inside of the roof panel. alittle sealant and they squeeze on and dont leak. this way Isuzu could offer trucks without roof racks and not make 4 different roof panels (sunroof or no sunroof, with or without rack). so YES the dealership could offer an aftermarket roof rack and Honda was the one i see the most without a roof rack versus any Rodeo. most 2wd 4 bangers were without roof racks, on both models but Honda i saw 4x4 v6 DX and LX without them...like i said,odd ball option packages. its definitely not a THULE rack that i ever saw. ever think about going stock Rodeo? if the holes are there, it should be stock locations....maybe..... :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah, well I guess I can take some photos of all the attachment places and more pics of the rack when I get back. Even identifying it would be a great help. Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.