Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in desperate need of an "oil cooler hose" for my 1991 trooper 2.8. this is a rubber hose with a aluminum housing on the driver's side of the block, right beside the oil filter. Mine has a bad oil leak to the point where i'm not driving the truck, and i'm having a very hard time locating this part online. If anyone has a v6 trooper they're parting out just let me know because i'll paypal you the money for it.
thanks for looking, Adam

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Your best bet would be to contact JLEMOND. He is a member here and has parts out the wah-zoo! However, I had a hydraulic company here in Louisville make me new hose's for my 89. It was not cheap but I could not imagine paying less for these hoses brand new. Maybe check your local yards even.

cheers
-Ian :blackeye:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks partner, i'm tempted to start a company making this part haha because it's about impossible to find it otherwise :roll:
i'll pm the guy you referred me to, i just wish i had this part today cuz i want this thing back on the road ASAP, i'm tired of driving my honda fit haha, and i'll check the LKQ in oklahoma city and see if they have any trooper i can pick some parts off cuz there's a few more trooper goodies i wouldnt mind getting also.
keep the responses coming

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Yeah, I eventually took the filter housing off of the truck and replaced it with another without the lines and discarded the oil cooler when I could not find the hoses anywhere. The reason they were so expensive to make was because of the style banjo fittings at the filter housing. I beleive they were $40 a hose :shock: After about 6 months the housing sprung a leak. I investigated it and found a crack in the housing itself :x So I went to my donor truck and pulled the housing from it and swapped them. Not an easy chore.
I wish you luck man, there are indeed hard to find.

cheers
-Ian :blackeye:

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
If you grind through the outer crimped end of the hose you'll find it has a regular hose barb beneath it. I then went to a local supply house and bought the length I needed of new high quality hydraulic hose and reused my factory ends (minus the crimped portion I destroyed) and double hose clamped it. That was a few years and probably 10,000 miles ago and no problems.
Sure, I'd rather have brand new factory hoses but at the time didn't have the extra time or money for them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anyone have any luck finding this hose anywhere - I have a 91 Trooper with exactly the same problem. Was quoted $414 with both hoses and all the heat protection by an Isuzu dealership here in Texas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts