Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 2nd gen Rodeo in good condition.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Like this?????

no wire or plug though....i thought i cut one off but i cant find it or i was thinking of the other switches

$20 shipped.

Thanks
Ron

Reactions: Eer-lumni

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
i also have a 1.5 gen Rodeo switch WITH plug/4" of wiring....for the same price

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks like the switch, but Im not sure what style plug i need. Ive read on here that there were different ones???

My rodeo is a 2001 if that would allow anyone to discern if the switch you have will work. Ive yet to open up my dash to see what my wiring looks like....i take it they were all pre-wired, just need to get back there and find it.

Will the factory wiring reach to the switch, or do you need a pigtail to make it reach?

How much?? I guess i can gamble hoping it will work. :?

Thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oops, i see there. $20. I'll take it. Paypal?

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
lowzone said:
Like this?????

$20 shipped. <------------------------ :)

Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lowzone said:
Like this?????

no wire or plug though....i thought i cut one off but i cant find it or i was thinking of the other switches

$20 shipped.

Thanks
Ron
After further research it appears, at least without actually looking, that this is the correct switch. Still not sure about needing a pigtail.

Anyways, payment sent.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
i KNOW it came out of a 98 or 99 Rodeo, it was dark red, automatic....it was one of 3 there. i was looking for fog lights for another member and saw the bumper banged up and grabbed the switch. i remember stupid stuff.... :)
thanks its going out tomorrow!
Ron

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
all the wires are in your dash,you'll need a relay for under the hood and just use factory light pigtails(behind bumper) and you'll be set

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
sweet!!!!!!! wife took the priority mail envelope to work so it gets a jump start in the system....its on its way!!!!!! now if i thought of it, i have OEM fog light brackets for sale as well.....hope the 01 has the right plug!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Eer-lumni said:
These are the lights I bought:http://www.ebay.com/itm/29053173914...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1075wt_922

I think I should have everything I need now except maybe the relay, although
I thought I read somewhere that some came with the relay already there
as well. I guess I just need to go look and see what I have.
nice set up. if you need anything else let me know. hopefully the switch is what you need. if not SOMEONE here will buy it for what you paid. sorry i couldnt be more help!
Ron

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Funny how these things work out....right after I agreed to buy your switch I found another on eBay. Actually it was the entire bezel (cruise, 4wd, and fog light switch) with pigtails attached. It was a good deal so I bought them too. So I will likely have some switches for sale in the near future also.

Here's what I bought. I think I have an eBay problem......

·
Registered
50 Posts
Maybe a bit late, but anyways. On my '00 the wiring was there, If I recall correctly, it's taped back with blue tape, so you'll have to fish for it. The relay is the same as the others in the same box, so it's nothing that can't be bought at your local parts store. You will need the brackets. I think lowzone said he has some, I have some extras that I picked up at the junkyard as well. I can probably sell them If you want them. I don't remember if I removed my bumper to install, but I think I did. Once it's done it's an exact OEM fit.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
vilos66 said:
You will need the brackets. I think lowzone said he has some, I have some extras that I picked up at the junkyard as well. I can probably sell them If you want them.
My lights came with brackets (see eBay link above), will those suffice or is there another type of bracket that's needed that I'm unaware of ??

·
Registered
50 Posts
You will need an additional 'L' shaped bracket for each side.That's the one I believe lowzone mentioned he had, I also have an extra set.
When I did my '00 I manufactured some from angle iron, but it was a real pain. So when I saw this set at a junkyard i picked them up, but at this point I don't think I'm going to go back in there to replace those angle iron brackets.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
vilos66 said:
You will need an additional 'L' shaped bracket for each side.That's the one I believe lowzone mentioned he had, I also have an extra set.
but mine are NEW ;) HAHAHAHA!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Would that be the little hickey labeled 'B' in the bottom left of this diagram??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts